Protection

The Next Day we were up and ready at 9am for god knows what Margaret had planned.

She had said something about everyone showing their powers in class but that was the one thing I was not looking forward too.

Yesterday, I stayed for the conversation between Margaret and John about me of course. The fact that I was being basically hunted down by my moms killers. The Dhampirs.

Not the good ones though. The good ones like Jake and John, they are staying with us in the house too. John is like the security, he's going to make sure nothing bad happens like fights. He's also going to stay because of his power. He can sense danger from a mile away and as a dhampir, he is the most well trained fighter ever. He teachers Jake. So he's basically an amazing fighter too.

Like right now for example. As John swung right and left, Jake did the same blocking every one of his attempt hits. We were outside in the giant back yard, all the students watching them from afar as they turned and moved so fluently and smooth and fast with each step.

"Wow" I could hear the students react to the fast movements being made in front of us.

Then they stopped, and bowed their heads to each other. John putting his arm around Jake's shoulders then ruffling his hair which made him smile as they walked back toward us.

"That was amazing" Grace and Will said at the same time, excitement flashing across their face.

"Yes it was and I do expect all you students to learn some of those moves by the end of these couple of months. I want you guys to be ready for anything" Margaret announced, looking at me.

I smiled, "you expect us to learn that? Not all of us are born fighters" Chelsea hissed.

"I wasn't born a fighter miss, I was trained into it and it stuck with me. I practiced alot and now it comes naturally" John answers, stepping to the front of the line of students where Margaret was walking.

"And should we be prepared for an attack or something?" Ava speaks up.

"No Ava, but I expect you guys to be ready for anything" Margaret shoots a glance my way again.

I guess this does has something to do with me after all. Margaret wants everyone to be ready in case the High Rollers turn up here any minute. Speaking of them, I should call my dad to check on him. My phones been off for almost a whole day. No outside communication. Dad did say he didn't want you calling alot didn't he Zoe? The thought ran through my mind.

We stepped into a room. It had two big windows and desks for us to sit.

"You guys can sit anywhere" Magaret gestures.

Everyone spread out. Mia sat with me of course, and so did Will and Grace. I spotted Chelsea sit at a table with Ava and Emily. Dylan, Christian, Alex, James and Xander all bunched around a table on the far right. I spotted Xander and he looked at me and smiled. I smiled back.

"Um hello?! Your practically drooling over Xander" Mia bumps my arm with her elbow.

"Sorry what?" I say pretending not to hear her.

"Uh huh" she smirks and makes both of us laugh.

I face forward and I see that Madison is at a table on the left corner by herself. Then I feel another pair of eyes on me and my eyes trailed toward Jake, who was in the front of the room standing with his hands in his pocket next to John who was talking to Margaret.

He looked handsome. He had on black boots, a white tshirt and black pants with a long black leather coat. The ultimate bad boy style if you ask me. He looked like he should be a vampire, even as he was one.

"Alright everyone, who wants to go first today?" Margaret asks.

Silence.

"Doing what exactly?" Alex questioned.

"I want to see your powers. You won't be asked to do anything crazy, I just want to see how well you've got your gifts under control"

"And what if we don't want too?" Ava says aloud.

Magaret glances her way, "then you won't be forced. But you will have to show me some other time. I wanna be able to help you guys as best I can"

"And what if we have these so called gifts under control?" That was Xander.

"If you had your gifts under control" Margaret learns on the table in front of her, "then you wouldn't be here. Now who's first?"

I kept quiet as I sat in the back watching anyone who stepped toward the front closely. I dare not say anything, I don't have gifts at all. Yet.

Will was happy to be the first to show his gift.

"Okay can I have a guess please?" He goes, his face bright.

Margaret stands back, examining Will at first.

"I'll do it" John says. He steps forward and grabs a seat to sit in front of Will. That's when the whole class dies down to nothing but silence.

"Now close your eyes and hold out your hand please" Will says and John does what he says.

I saw Margaret fidget a little.

Will was concentrating now. It was silence for what felt like too long then he opens his eyes again and smiles, "he's right. He has been training since he was a kid, until...you lost your family in an accident" he closed his eyes again.

Then opens them, "Jake is like a son to you since you don't have anyone"

John clears his throat and stands up and goes back to his spot.

"Well?" Mia says, drawing attention our way.

"I can touch someone and know what their past lives were like or what their thinking. I'm psychic" Will expalins.

"And is it true John?" Margaret asks him and he nods.

Then the class claps and Will heads back to his seat.

"Next?"

I apologize for the short chapter, but ily guys thanks for reading! :))) I'll probably update tomorrow♡