October's Very Own: Lucinda Eleanor Grandeur

Tuesday, 30 October 2018.

11:41am

What more is there left to say?

I believe you know my life better at this point than me when I started writing this journal. I can’t even remember why I started writing this story to be honest.

But I have been alone for so long that my sadness has become the only reason I am able to feel anything anymore.

I wish I had more to write.

I have known a lot of suffering and joy in this life…

I had hoped that I would be better enough to make it well into my story about my love and the family I made in my life. My husband is a man who knew how to steady my wavering will to fight this illness. He was there for me when my need to succumb to it was so great. He made more of my days worth living than anyone else in this world.

My children are an even better reason I struggled on. Living with cancer till the age of eighty is not an easy task, believe me.

But I feel like my race has been ran. I have fought the good fight and I feel I won in the very end. All my seven children live on and will continue Edna’s legacy in this world.

I just realized that I call this story October’s very own. I wonder why I did that. I have nothing good that happened in this month all my life.

November is the month I got the Few and Most Birthday system when I was six years old.

December was the month that I first received that small sign from Edna that she cared for me at nine years old.

January was the month that Roni was born to Edna when I was twelve years old.

February was the month Edna gave her final blessing to Roni and I when I was eighteen years old.

March was the month I finished my alma mater at twenty five years old and the year after on April is when I met my husband.

We got married in May the next year and I got news of my first pregnancy in June.

July was the month I bore my second child at the age of twenty nine. She was such a fragile thing that we spent days in the hospital just so she could live to see the light of day let alone have children of her own now.

August was the month my husband and I adopted the twins. We had been in Kenya for a business meeting when I met them at the orphanage. I laugh with them when I remember that time. Edna was also thirty years old when she came for me.

September is the month we decided to add three more children to our household. I was glad to have a full house in my life. The joy these children of mine brought me was immeasurable.

So why October?

Because of my birthday? No. I have never valued my birthday to any extent. It was the day Lily Bioni died. I don’t know my father’s date of birth either.

I don’t know… My age is getting the best of me I suppose. When I remember, I’ll make sure to write it down. I guess that’s it from me. I won’t be writing again now. My story has been told and now you will forever remember the name Lucinda Eleanor Grandeur.

I just remembered tomorrow is October 31. I wonder how I had forgotten that.

Especially since it was the first day I ever met Edna

A/N: Thank you everyone for making to the very end of Lucinda's story. Drop a comment and let me know how you found the short series to be. Until next time.
✌🙌