Chapter 3: Teenage Impossible

After school that day, Astrid and I worked on the mural. It was long, hard work, but we had fun doing. We talked about the past couple years, and reminisced about when we were younger. Seems like we caught up those two or so years in little time. By the time we where done and said our goodbyes, though, it was ominously dark outside.

Where is my parents? I could've been home by now. I've already been waiting for an hour since I called them. It's so creepy at night, all by myself. I would have waited in the school, but I couldn't because the janitors had to close the school for the night. What could be taking them so long? I kept thinking irritably.

Inside my head, the day my brother was kidnapped, waiting at the school alone, and being taken right off the school lawn, kept replaying in my head. I can only imagine how scared he was. It's probably how I feel right now. Scared and alone. Doesn't help my state of thought from what happened yesterday. If a situation came up, I would be like 'Should I run home and get possibly kidnapped on the way there, or just stand here and repeat what happened to my brother.' I don't like either choice.

Suddenly, the hair on the back of my neck begins to prickle. My instincts are telling me DANGER FOOL! HIGH TALE-IT OUT OF THERE! That's when I notices two men covered from head to toe in black behind me. They definitely don't look like they are just out to take a stroll! My eyes widen in fear, and I start to run down the side walk towards my house. They are definitely not the same men from yesterday.

Can this day get any worse? I ask myself. Of course, in answer, it starts to rain. I put on, what I like to call, my really face, and I say "Typical." I would face palm myself right now, but I'm currently RUNNING FOR MY LIFE!

I look behind me and see the men are still on my tale. When I look back to the front of me, I see a women similarly dressed blocking my path. Oh, no! This isn't good! What do I do?! Out the corner of my eye, I notice an alley beside me. Quickly, I turn the corner........

........and trip over a trash bag full of garbage and fall on my hands and knees. Turning onto my back, I see them loom over me.

"Come with us quietly and you won't get hurt." Says the nearest man as he reaches for me. On pure instinct, I grab his arm and bite down on it. Hard! I back peddle into a wall, trying to avoid his arm that's swung back.

"Why you little-" He swears at me. This time he brings his arm back to deck me. I raise my arms in a defensive position and squint my eyes closed. Waiting a couple seconds for the blow that didn't come, I open my eyes to see the people covered in black fighting a teenage boy. I take in the clothing and my eyes widen in realization. I think, the stalker boy! And immediately it changes to, I didn't imagine him! I'm not going crazy!

That's when I notice the golden light he's throwing and directing at the people in black. If I wasn't on the ground frozen in place, I would be balling my hands into fists, bring them to my head, and then opening them out wards while saying "mind blown," while making and explosive sound.

I watched in amazement as he hit the men with graceful flicks of his hands full of the sparkling gold light. The light seemed to seep from his hands in ribbons, trailing him wherever he went. It takes me a second to realize he had them all on the ground. In a rush he grabs my hand and starts into a run, with me stumbling behind him.

. . . . . .

"Where are you taking me?" Silence

"What's your name?" Silence

"Why did you save me?" Silence.... again.

"Am I annoying you?" And again.

"Ok, stalker boy, why won't you answer any of my questions?" I say with irritation. He finally looks back and snaps.