Chapter 11: The Cloaks Stories

Just going to be an in and out thing. She said. No one will be in there. She said. Yeah right! Now I'm stuck listening to Fiera and her parents exchange sob stories.

After Fiera and her parents got done with there hugging fest, they decided to have a chat down stairs, which left Tony and me to figure out what had just happened. We wownd up following them down stairs and into their kitchen. It was painted yellow, bordered in sunflowers with there mahogany cabinets. Sitting at their table, Fiera's parents immediately started to talk, bringing up my thoughts from earlier.

"What happened to you? Why didn't you wait for your dad and I? We were worried sick about you." Here we go, I think with a role of my eyes. I look at Fiera, who is to her moms right and Tony's left, and Fiera's dad, on the other side of of her mom. I was being the anti-social person, as usual, and had a empty seat between me and Fiera's dad as well as Tony, away from everyone else.

Fiera was currently puffing out her cheeks in what I like to call sarcastic joy. Basically, annoyance. She starts to talk after a bagillion questions. "Ok, I was waiting for you guys, but you were really late. I got this feeling I wasn't alone, and then four people in black came out of the blue and started to chase me. I ran in an alley and slipped, practically falling on my face. If it hadn't been for Golden protecting me and taking me to the other boys, I wouldn't be talking to you today. That reminds me, I didn't really introduce you guys very well."

"Oh, yes. How rude of us. My name is Carrie and this is my husband, John. And, well, we are the Cloaks!" Mrs. Cloak says to us, holding out her hand. Her husband greets with a hello to us.

"Nice to meet ya. I'm Tony and the moody, hormonal teenage over there is Golden." Tony introduces me by shaking his head in my direction. I give him the death glare. Hormonal, really? Mrs. Cloak smiles at me anyway and sticks out her hand to shake.

"Thank you so much for saving my daughter." There's silence as she waits for me to shake her hand. I stare at her through my sunglasses with my arms crossed.

"Ahem. Uh. Just ignore his rudeness. He's not a very social person, unlike me." Tony says with a mischievous grin. I glare at him through my glasses and he just shrugs with a smug expression on his face, knowing he was right.

Hey, how I see it, I have a right to be rude. I do hate their daughter, so I automatically should hate her parents. They rube me wrong anyway, and I really don't understand them. For one, Fiera's a mutant, so they should be mutants to, but they don't come off that way. Plus, there's no more female mutants except Fiera. Unless Fiera's mom is actually her step mom, or something on the basis of that, it wouldn't work. Two, why were they dressed in black and didn't greet us like normal parents. There just something's that don't fit together.

Fiera's questions interrupt my thoughts. "Anyway, I have a questions for you." She directs to her parents with an expectant look."Why were you late that day? How come you were dressed in black and threatening us? And last, why did you tell Astrid and everyone I was sick and not missing?"

Her parents told people that she was sick, not missing? Check another thing that doesn't fit. Normal parents would tell everyone. Her parents look at each other and Fiera's dad nods. "We new we were going to have to tell her sometime." Fiera's dad says to her mom. Her mom looks to Fiera and says, "The reason we were late is because of work. And you know how we never told you what we did for work?" Fiera shacks her head yes. Check another thing. "Well, we work for this organization called Impossible."

I look to Tony, who looks at me with eyebrows raised. I should have known. It makes a whole lot of sense, and makes thing fit more. My attention goes back to Fiera and her reaction. I see her eye twitch in suppressed anger.