Chapter 17: An Energy Boost

Gah! My head, I think as I sit on my knees and hold my head in pain. What's going on? I hear footsteps as Victoria steps in front of me. I see her pull back her leg. Oh man! This is going to hurt. She then swings her foot forward, hitting me in the face. I hear myself make a thud as I fall back and hit the floor. Obviously not finished, Victoria kicks me again in the ribs; again, and again, and again. After a minute, she stops, huffing a little. She goes behind me and picks me up by the back of my collar of my shirt.

She then puts hear mouth near my ear and says, "Your names Golden, correct? Well, Golden, not so tough now, huh? I can make you wish you were never born."

Can't make me wish that, since I already do, I think in my hazy state. I cough a little, and feel something trickle down my chin. My vision starts to blur, but I can still see as Seth picks up Fiera by her long hair. Her eyes are almost shut as she grimaces in pain. Beside them stands Dr. Barlown with a remote. That must be the remote to whatever device is doing this to us mutants. Dang-it! I got to do something!

Dr. Barlown grins with melic. "If you all behave yourselves, none of you will be killed. Well, that's a lie actually." He looks down at Fiera in emphasis.

Fiera's parents were laying on the ground in fake pain. In response to Dr. Barlowns comment, they try to take action. Unfortunately, a soldier saw through their charade, and sticks a gun to each of their heads.

Dang-it! I think, as I try to wiggle out from Veronica's grip. I don't have much luck, since I can't move or think properly. Veronica looks down at me with disgust. She then looks up at Dr. Barlown, and says, "Why don't we kill all of Fiera's little pests? Their not going to just let us kill Fiera. It will be less of a hassle."

Dr. Barlown muses, "I spouse that would be the best."

I look at Fiera for her reaction. She barely lifts an eyelash. Her eyes are now closed shut. Whatever it is that's doing this to us mutants, it must be hitting Fiera the hardest if she's not reacting to what Victoria just said. I feel myself start to fade into unconsciousness. No! I can't pass out at a time like this! Victoria lifts me up a little. "I'll start by killing this one first." She puts a knife to my throat. "Slowly and painfully."

Defeated, I think 'Guess this is it.' The thought I had earlier, the one I thought after Victoria said 'I can make you wish you were never born,' came to my mind. I had thought, 'Cant make me wish it since I already do wish I was never born.'

I'm a very contradicting person. How come I said that, yet, I'm so scared to die? Suddenly, I feel someone's gaze on me. I look up to see Fiera staring at me.

What the-? Her eyes!

Her facial expression is that of someone who's scared and desperate. Not for herself, but for others.

But her eyes-. They're filled with fiery. To add to that, her eyes were glowing. Just like that time when she touched me, trying to support me for the fight for leadership of Teenage Impossible.

In the instant before Victoria moves to slice me, my skin starts to tingle as I feel power surge through me. Wha-? It uncurls from deep inside me, trying to release itself from its tight containment. Its been years since it had been released. My eyes brighten with light from the power. I realize that this was Fiera's power. Her power was allowing me to us my power to its fullest potential. I grin with new found power and strength.

With the speed of light, I escape Victorias grip, hitting her with a bright blast of light. Before she even hits the ground, I smash the remote in Dr. Barlowns hand and I grab Fiera from Seth's grip. I then take the guns from the soldier, who has Fiera's parents at gun point, and place them in Fiera's parent's hands. By the time I'm done, Fiera and I are standing in the middle of our comrades, and time itself seems to have resumed.