{TEN}

{TEN}

It was like someone had poured ice down my back. I'm sure my face showed it with just how pale I had gotten.

My why I shocked that the man had a boyfriend. Of course, would. He was a good-looking young guy who happened to flirt with me from time to time. But I wasn't expecting it. And I was left standing there like an idiot while Andrew shook Roger's hand. I just went on autopilot and shook his hand after Andrew. Greeting myself as he smiled with his purely white teeth.

I couldn't really enjoy my night after that. Andrew had gone off and gotten buddy, buddy with Roger and a few other people from the party. I did talk to a few people, drank a bit. But I was distracted. The party was full swing by the time Scott had found his way towards me, a glass in both hands and he handed one towards me with a smile.

"Not having fun Doc?" Scott asked, handing me one of the beers that he held in his hand. I just shook my head while taking a sip. "Next time I invite you out, we'll have to do something more low key."

"Oh, no. This is fine." I reassured him, looking around as a few people passed us by laughing.

"Here, come outside with it." He said, down the rest of his beer. I followed suit, finishing mine before following Scott outside from the back. The night air was chilly, it was still spring but once the sun went down the heat went with it. Scott walked around the building until we were both alone on the side before he pulled a pack of cigarettes out of his back pocket and lit one up with the lighter that sat in the cardboard pouch. "Want one?" He asked offering me the packet.

"I'm a dentist," I said dully. "How long have you been a smoker?" He had amazing teeth, as strange as it sounded, but I was a dentist. It was something I was bound to notice.

"I don't smoke often," Scott said with a small smile. "Just when I'm out drinking and they're on hand. Really they're Rogers smokes, but he lets me have as many as I like."

"How long have you and Roger been together?" I asked, leaning my back on the wall beside Scott.

"Bout six months. He works away a lot so we don't spend much time together, but he is pretty great. He can be a bit of an asshole sometimes, but from my experience, all of them can be."

"How much experience do you have?"

Scott laughed breathing smoke from his nose, "In my twenty-four years I've learned a lot about the men in my life, and not just the ones I let in my bed. I grew up around businessmen and lawyers, you learn quickly that nobody is a good person."

I looked Scott over, mulling his words as they started to hit me. "That's very profound of you," I said holding my hand open to him. "I'll take that cigarette now."

I woke up wrapped in warmth next to a soft, warm body

I woke up wrapped in warmth next to a soft, warm body. My arm was wrapped around silk-like skin, as fingers tapped up my arm in a pattern that could almost coax me back to sleep. With a yawn, I stretched myself out and was met with a familiar white ceiling fan in my bedroom.

Beside me, Janet yawned and put her head on my chest, and it was then I realized that neither of us had anything on, and my head was pounding like I had been hit with a bus. "God." I groaned, turning back onto my side, my back towards my wife.

Janet just laughed. "You must feel awful. Some young guy dropped you off, you couldn't even walk."

"Young guy?" I mumbled, turning back towards her my face must have spoken my confusion for me because just laughed again. "Yeah, said he was a friend of yours. Scotty? He seemed nice."

"Oh?" I wanted to sit up, but the pain in my head stopped me from moving, Janet, on the other hand, got up with ease and kissed me on the lips before standing from the bed.

"I'll start the coffee." She said grabbing her robe off the door and walking from the room. I turned over and grabbed my phone of the nightstand. The screen alone almost blinded be before I turned it down and read the few text messages from Scott.

Scott: Hope you don't puke your guts up :)

Scott: Your place was nice! Lady at the door didn't seem to impress to have been woken up.

Scott: Text me back so I know you didn't die lol. Night :)

I sighed, regretting everything in me from the night before, before typing out a short reply to Scott.

Sidney: I'm alive. Thx (:

I needed to distance myself from him, I couldn't keep this mind game up with myself. I was acting sick. The thoughts I had, the video I had watched. Something was wrong with me, and after the emotions, I felt last night when I heard Scott refer to Roger as his boyfriend, well I knew I needed to move myself away. Because no married man should feel jealousy when hearing that someone they spend time with has a boyfriend. Scott was my friend, and I needed to draw a clear line in the sand, in my head that he was. Before things got bad and I did something I couldn't take back.

I could smell the coffee brewing from the bedroom and decided I should get up and shower. It took me a few minutes to actually stop the pain in my head from paralyzing me, but before long I was under the warm spray of water and relaxing from the stress that was the war in my head.

I walked from the bathroom with a towel on my waist and picked up the phone on my bed, noticing yet another text message from Scott. This one though, made my head stop.

Scott: Can't wait for the game next weekend!

Shit. 

1032

1032