{TWENTY-EIGHT}

{TWENTY-EIGHT}

I was standing in the airport with Morgan on a cloudy Thursday. I had booked the whole two weeks off for Christmas and New Years, and now I was here waiting for my mother on the first day of my holiday.

"Is Nana going to stay with us?" Morgan asked, not looking up from her phone.

"Yeah, Nana and I will be spending Christmas at the house, is that ok?"

"Yeah, it's quiet without you home. Is it just for Christmas?"

I frowned, looking down at her, I sighed putting a hand on her shoulder, wishing I could make any hurt or discomfort she had just go away. "I'm sorry Morgan. I wish it was for longer."

She looked up at me, her brown hair falling from her face. "I know dad."

We smiled, ending our moment when I hear the sound of someone screaming Morgan's name from across the airport.

My mother was-- well something else. You could spot her a mile away, with her wild dirty blond curly/fuzzy hair clipped up to the top of her head with a blue hair clip, she was wearing tight blue pants and a colourful yellow, red and blue vest. Under the vest was a white shirt that was belled at the wrist.

Vegas does weird things to a person.

"My babies!" She yelled, grabbing Morgan into a big hug, then letter her go and grabbing me in a tight hug. "Oh, I've missed you! Where is my smaller man, and Jan?"

I smiled at my mother, she was a little lady, just barely 5'3 with no weight to her, she had lost all her weight after dad had died, and just never get it back. "Eric had plans with his friends, Janet had a meeting with a potential big client, but she'll be home when we get there."

We all piled into the van, putting mom's three bags in the back while she and Morgan chatted in the back.

We got to the house and Janet greeted mom with a tight hug, I was lucky that the two of them got along together so well, it was a blessing, and a curse at this point. My mom kissed the ground that Janet walked on, from the day they had met, which was when she was around five months pregnant with Eric that first Christmas we were together. They had always gotten along, and now that we weren't together, my heart was constantly in my throat that one of them would say something, that Morgan or Janet would let it slip that we weren't together.

Janet and I agreed to tell her after Christmas, just in case she lost her mind over it. I wasn't sure if I should just tell her about us no longer being together, or if I should bring Scott up. I might just tell her that I was gay, then see how she reacts, and from there I could tell her about Scott or not.

Eric had called around nine to say he was staying at a friends house, Taj. And I couldn't complain because he was on holidays from school, even though it was his grandmothers first night with us. I didn't want him any angrier then he was with me, and frankly I was scared shitless he'd say something.

And knowing Eric, he would.

It was awkward at first, Janet stayed in her room and my mother was in the guest room. I slept in my office, which made mom think I was just working a lot. It was better than sleeping on the couch and getting caught. But hiding the blow-up mattress was a bit hard.

"You know, you could just sleep in our bed, it's not like we've never slept together before." Janet laughed, watching me on the third day of sleeping in the guest room, Christmas Eve. Mom, Morgan and Eric had gone out to see the lights. Something they did every year. I looked at Janet, fed up with the pump to the mattress not blowing up.