{SEVENTEEN}

{SEVENTEEN}

"I told her I wanted to go to counselling." I looked over at Scott, who sat with me in my office, we hadn't kissed since that day two weeks ago. But I think it was clear to us both that we liked one another. Or, it was clear to myself that I liked him. And he seemed to enjoy my company, or he wouldn't be around so much. That's what I kept telling myself.

"Oh?" He raised a brow at me over his thick black glasses, he didn't wear them often, but I loved seeing him in them. They looked hot, and something about them made him look older. Wiser. "What did she say?"

"She was all for it actually." I sighed, slouching in my chair. "I'm very stuck. It has nothing to do with you. I like you, but I have a life with her."

"It's fine Doc, I understand." But he didn't I could see the sadness in him, the way his eyes didn't quite look into mine anymore. I got up from my chair, he didn't seem to notice as I walked over and knelt down in front of him, taking one of his hands in mine.

"This, this all happened so fast," I took a deep breath, trying to figure out what I was going to say to him. "I like you, I like you a lot. But I need to think about my family as well. If I can come out to her in a controlled setting with someone who can talk us through what we can do about it. That's what I want. I'm not going to counselling to fix my marriage, there is no fixing it. I'm trying my hardest to come to terms with the fact that I don't love her like I had thought I did. I might be gay, I might be bi, I might be nothing at all. But that's what this is for. It's not just for her it's for me, I need this."

"I -- I like you too." He started. "If that's what it takes for you to love yourself, Sid, then it's what you need to do. And I'll be beside you for it all. Like you said, all this happened really, really fast. And it's kind of scary to me. But I'm open to anything you're open to. And I know a good divorce lawyer if need be." He added the last part with a smirk, I leaned upward, capturing his lips with my own. Yeah, this was all happening so fast, but I don't think I could take it if it were going slower.

Scott pulled away first, putting his forehead on mine and looked me in the eyes, my heart beating faster in my chest as his one hand found it's way to my cheek. "I should get to work Doc." He mumbled. "Meet me tonight for dinner? Please?"

My eyes searched his before I nodded, pressing another short but sweet kiss to his lips. "Text me when you get off. I'll pick you up."

I was tying my tie in the mirror of the family bathroom, my hair brushed neatly to the side, face freshly shaved

I was tying my tie in the mirror of the family bathroom, my hair brushed neatly to the side, face freshly shaved. Scott had texted me and told me to dress my best. I had no idea where we were going, but I felt like a giddy child waiting for Santa to gift me a new bike.

As I was finishing buttoning the cuff of my shirt Morgan stuck her head into the bathroom, her dark hair in a ponytail wearing her soccer gear. "Where yeah goin' dad?"

I looked at her in the mirror with a small smile before turning around and leaning my back on the counter "I've got a meeting tonight. Hey, mom told me you won your game today. Good job sport" I shook my hand in her hair, earning my frustrating whine from her. Most of her school soccer games were played while I was at work, normally I could make it to her weekend games, and if I was lucky the school would hold a later game once every two weeks.

"Yeah, I scored three goals. Kicked ass."

I ignored her profanity and walked from the bathroom with Morgan beside me, we walked down the stairs, her telling me about her day, and how she was getting her dress for the winter formal that her school was holding the second week of December, though it was only October, Morgan and Janet liked to be early with thigs. Janet was never late in her life for anything, which was something I admired since I had a bad habit of being five minutes late for almost everything.

"Where are you going dressed all nice?" Janet asked as Morgan and I walked into the kitchen. I could see it in her eyes, she didn't want to know because she was my wife and she liked to know where I was going. There was accusation in her tone, and rightfully so. I was cheating on her. And as that thought passed through my head my stomach felt sick, I couldn't refer to what Scott and I were doing as cheating, though it was, it made me feel awful. Which, I guess it should.

"I've got a meeting tonight."

"For?"

"I've got a high profile future client who wants to meet with me before I work on the inside of his mouth."

"Why couldn't they meet with you while you were at work?"

I sighed, walking to Janet and kissing her head. "Because like I said they're high profile. They're busy during the day and we agreed to meet for dinner to discuss everything." This lying thing was coming way to easy to me and I was getting worried. The words were coming out of my mouth like vomit and it was making me sick.

Janet sighed, nodding her head. "What time will you be home?"

"I'm not sure, I'll text you though."

"Have fun, I love you." She followed me to the foyer, watching me as I got my shoes and coat on.

"I love you too," I mumbled, kissing her for a second. "I'll see you later."

And I walked out the door, not feeling nearly as excited for this dinner as I was just moments before.