chapter 2

Matthew woke up two hours later with the sound of his phone ringing. He stretched out popping and cracking his arms and legs, he then got up to find his phone which was underneath him and looked at who was calling him.

His eyes suddenly filled with rage as he looked at the name ID. Right then and there he wanted to break his phone more than ever just for the name to disappear into thin air and never seeing it again, but knew that if he didn't answer her then she would be calling nonstop or even worst she will go to the extreme on visiting him and keep bugging him about his personal life, asking all sort of questions nonstop.

So he sighed once again embracing himself for some awkwardness and tapped on the green icon,

"Hello? He tried to sound emotionless as possible, but failed as he heard himself crack a little, he cursed under his breath and hoped that his mother didn't hear it.

"Hey Matt I-"

"Don't call me that, Only those CLOSEST to me can"

It was silent on the other end of the line for at least two minutes or so, he was about to hang up, but her voice came in loud and clear that made him regret on being cold to her.

"I'm sorry"

She sounded devastated and sounded like she was about to cry, but Matthew knew better than to fall for that, He may be kind to everyone, but would never forgive those who hurt his family.

"Sorry? Sorry for what exactly? That you left me when I was a newborn? Or for running off with another man when clearly you knew papa still had feelings for you? Or sorry for failing as a mother?" At this point had his eyes blazing, almost red. The red swirling within his violet iris clearly trying to hold his anger and felt that his fangs wanted to come out.

"For everything and I know that you won't forgive me and I know that I deserve it, that and worst"

Matthew sighed trying to calm himself down a little.

It was silent for a moment, for Matthew it felt awkward and uncomfortable and he hated it.

As like every other phone call they had, Matthew awkwardly and slightly angry, said goodbye and hangs up without even waiting for a response and sighed once again.

He got up from where he was sitting and left the room not bothering to turn off the game or the tv. He knew as soon as he left the maids from his dad's mansion would rush in and clean everything up and turn everything that is on, off.

He had anything a human or a normal vampire would ever want money, a mansion, limos, maids, butlers, chefs, bodyguards, you name it and he would have it with no problem. Anything at his disposal, but all he ever wanted was a mother, a mother would look over him, who would cherish and lover him non stop, the type of mother who would say that everything would be okay. A mother that's all he truly wanted.

Of course his father, Francis, would try his best to be both roles and spend time with him. Matthew could see that, but both of them already knew that it wasn't enough. It just wasn't the same.

He walked out of the mansion silently and went to his Black Chevrolet 2016, opened the door and went to his comfort zone or to him, his comfort place.

He parked at his usual spot, near the trees just outside the forest. If any other person would have been there they would have to be crazy to go into the forest alone, but to him it was his own place, only thirty or so minutes from his home and civilization, where he can have some time to himself. Plus with him being a vampire, well in his case, a half vampire it was fine as long as he return home before nightfall.

He slowly entered the woods take in the nature, the wind slowly blowing through his golden blond hair, a trait that he got from his father.

Once he got to his destination he stopped and took a big breath and let it all out, his breath mixed in with the wind.

The sight never failed to amaze him every time he came here. The clearing had enough space to let you see the horizon, how the colours mixed in when the sun sets and reflecting off of the lake at the end while you can watch the birds and other animals hurry to their home for when the night comes.

With Matthew just standing there, he was already feeling better. Decided to sit down against a nearby tree, once again falling asleep with the sounds of birds in the distance.

Once he was asleep a shadow, who had been following him, took out its phone and called a number, the line on the other end picked up at the first ring almost like something was waiting for the call.

"Its him. I'm sure of it"

"Keep an eye on him do not lose sight of him even for a moment" said a Russian voice.

"As you say Master Ivan" Said the shadow as his green eyes glowed in the dark.