Chapter 6

Matthew let himself fall on to his bed, hugging a pillow under the covers and let out a long sigh of relief.

"I'm never leaving you again!" he mumbled into the soft pillow that he was happily hugging, and nuzzling.

"Ever."

As he predicted Alfred did bring them home late, Like around 3am late.

"Stupid Alfred" He whispered. "I'm tired" he breathed out through the pillows.

And like that Matthew fell asleep not really bothering to change into his pj's.

Alfred plopped down onto the sofa in the living room, feeling bad for making his brother tired on purpose but he enjoyed it because at least he had spent time with him before everything was revealed. He didn't like acting like everything was okay, when it was not and to pretend like he didn't know.

He hated that.

He bit his lip until he drew blood.

"Dang it!" he said as he wiped it off.

"Alfred" Kiku who had been sitting on the right side of the sofa by his side, looked at him with worried eyes and he was one not to show his emotions and feelings only except with Alfred alone, and Alfred appreciated that. "He will understand, he is your brother after all, not your full brother, but a brother none of the less."

Alfred smiled.

"I know, its just that I'm afraid that he'll get mad at me for not telling him and if I say it was for his own safety..." he trailed off, Kiku got the message.

"I'll be sure to be on the lookout for Ivan's servant"

Alfred nodded "Thank you Kiku I don't know what I'll do without you, if I hadn't been there at the right place and the right time". A shadow formed over his eyes making it seem as if he were angry, in truth he was. Starting to have a bitter taste in his mouth he got up and went to the kitchen to grab a coke, Kiku followed behind.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything." Alfred leaned against the refrigerator as he opened the can.

"It's fine, I know you didn't mean to have bad intentions, and I'm glad that I can repay you after all you have done for me." He blushed a little as he bowed at Alfred.

Alfred put his can of coke on the counter as he stood up straight and turned towards Kiku, walking over to him and held Kiku straight by the shoulders. "If you want to return the favor, just stay by my side, that's the only thing that I want in return." Alfred looked at Kiku in the eyes with a serious look. Blue clashing with dark brown. Kiku shocked that Alfred was close to him.

Any other moment Kiku would have wanted to slip away, but was paralyzed by Alfred's ocean blue eyes, seemingly holding him in place like chains stuck to his feet, just holding him there.

"I-if that's all you want, than yes I will in anyway possible, it doesn't matter if I lose my life, at least that way I would have repaid you and fulfilled my part." Kiku looked at Alfred straight in the eyes, seemly blushing a light red. Alfred couldn't help himself and pulled Kiku into a hug, hugging him tight as if his life depended on it, which to Alfred it did, if he hadn't saved and found Kiku when he did, he didn't know if he would have been able to cope with everything going on in his head. For Kiku it may seem the opposite but to Alfred HE was the life saver to him, but of course Alfred was a coward and was too afraid to admit it out loud to him.

So they stayed like that for awhile for nearly ten minutes or so, but for them it seemed like everything stopped in motion and the world just froze in place just for them.

And in a way it did as Alfred gave a kiss on the forehead as Kiku closed his eyes, a little shocked by the action but still to him it felt like a sudden familiar warmth had spread through his body for the first time in a while.