Chapter 5

Ivan walked down the long hallway of his mansion humming to himself a familiar tune that he known as a child.

Maidens and other workers stepped aside afraid to be on his bad side, they were already creeped out by his humming, which meant he was happy and that rarely happens.

"Brother!" Called a woman that was well endowed with short brownish-greyish hair with blue eyes.

"Yes? What is it big sister?" He turned to see his, slightly shorter, sister.

"You look happy today! Did something good happen to you today?" She asked cheerfully but not noticing the workers looking at her like she was crazy.

Ivan gave them a look.

"I'm just happy big sister, that's all"

"Oh" She looked disappointed.

Ivan didn't mean to disappoint her.

"Big sister please don't give me that look" he said as he raised her chin with his finger. "I promise it doesn't have to do anything to do with 'That'." Ivan said as he hugged her, comforting her the best that he could.

If anyone can get on his soft soft it was Katyusha.

"Promise?" She asked in a shaky whisper like voice.

Ivan hesitated, he hated lying to his big sister.

"I promise Katyusha" he stroked her hair. "Ah, don't worry about anything, okay?"

"Okay" she whispered through his scarf.

"Now come on smile big sis, I hate it when you look sad"

She nodded and tried to smile.

"That's better" he chuckled and hugged her again, his smile somewhat vanishing ans looking emotionless, like every single emotion that left his body leaving him feeling numb.

I'm sorry, he thought but it's the only way, even if I have to keep lying to you big sister.

Ivan didn't know it but Katyusha already knew what he was planning considering that he'll do anything for them.

Even to bring one back to life.