Chapter 4

Matthew grunted as he heard loud knocking on his bedroom door. He moved to get more comfortable and covered his buzzing ears with his pillows. He yelled a 'Go away!' for at least a minute passed when the knocking came back. Sadly, much to Matthew's annoyance, it seemed that the knocker was knocking a bit more loudly than last time.

The knocking went on for about a five minutes, at least, until it just stopped suddenly.

Matthew let out a sigh of relief, finally the knocking had stopped, but sadly the moment of silence was shortly lived when Alfred burst into the room and jumped high into the air,  before landing on top of a tired Matthew, knocking almost all of the air out of his lungs.

"Wakey wakey sleepy head!!" He yelled into Matthews ear.

Matthew, with the little amount of air in his lungs to keep him conscious, pushed Alfred off of him, causing him to almost falling off the bed.

"Your heavy!" He said, while trying to get both air in to his lungs and trying to calm his rapidly beating heart, from the near death experience.

When he was sure that he was going to live, he turned around with the blankets still on top of his body, he tried to get more sleep while yelling 'Five more minutes!' as he gave his brother a light kick under the blankets. Which caused the other to fall completely off of the bed.

Alfred got up and sighed, clearing his throat so that his tired brother could hear him.

"Oh well, I guess me and Kiku will have to make the pancakes by ourselves"

"We will?" Asked Kiku who seemed to have heard the whole thing and was peeking from the door.

"Kiku! Don't do that!" Alfred yelped while putting his hand over his heart clearly almost having a heart attack.

"Do what?" Kiku asked curiously as he tilted his head slightly to the left.

"Appear out of nowhere, even I didn't hear you coming" He said, tears running down his face like waterfalls.

"I'll try my best not to do it again mast-Alfred" he stopped himself on the word 'Master'.

"Hey for once you didn't say 'Master' in front of my name" Alfred said while he got up from the floor and went to pat him on the shoulder, Kiku turning slightly red, nodding his head, happy that he could do something to make the other happy.

"Are you guys going to stand there all day?"

Matthew, to Kiku and Alfred's surprise, was already dressed with a white hoodie, sleeves up to his elbows, dark blue, slightly ripped jeans and red shoes.

If it wasn't for the jaw being connected to the head, Matthew was sure that their jaws would have been hitting the floor by now.

Well... for Alfred that is, Kiku opened and closed his mouth not really not knowing how to voiced how surprise he was.

"Wh-what? How?"

Matthew sighed.

"When you two were talking"

"Okay? Bu-"

"No time to talk those pancakes are waiting to be made and waiting to be eaten." He said walking passed the two shocked vampires.

~

After they made the pancakes(Well manly Matthew did the cooking with Kiku's assistance) and ate, they went on ahead to Alfred's truck. They drove down the road listening to Alfred sing along to every song. Matthew in the back with Kiku, since he felt bad about him sitting alone in the back seat, even though he was his brother's assistant and bodyguard(yes that's right! And with a katana too) He still felt some sympathy for the Japanese man. Even though he insisted that he was fine with sitting alone in the back.

Although now that he thought about it, had stayed longer than the rest of the others who worked for Alfred. Most of the assistants stayed for at least 2 weeks and then just quit saying things like 'He's too much to handle' or 'He doesn't take anything seriously'.

For Matthew that just boosted his respects for the Japanese Man even more.

"Master Matthew? Is there something wrong?"

Matthew realized that he was staring at the other longer than intended.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I was just thinking that you have stayed longer than the other assistants that worked for Alfred before. So for that, Thanks." Matthew said, patting Kiku on the shoulder giving a small smile.

Kiku blushed at that, to an assistant, having that kind of compliment was like a reward pushing up your pride and confidence up.

"Thank you" Kiku said in a low whisper to which Matthew caught.

"Please keep looking after my brother even if he is too much to handle, please come to me and I'll set him straight." he said, with a smile that would send shivers down anybody's spine. Even Alfred who stayed quiet, afraid that if he says something sarcastic Matthew would leave a nasty image in Kiku's mind and he didn't want that for the Japanese man.

After a half an hour later he spoke up thinking that it was now safe to speak.

"We're almost there, I just hope that you guys didn't eat a lot because this day is going to be full of tummy aches!" Alfred said as he turned around with an evil grin playing on his lips.

Matthew just stared at him with an evil aura wrapping around him and filled the truck making the two passengers shiver.

"Say something like that again and I'll see that you won't eat your candies and your-you-know-what for three months." He said in a stern voice as his glasses shone, a shadow over his eyes.

"Okay, but the you-know-what" He said as he turned around "Its a no-no"

After their little 'conversation' they had arrived at the mall a few minutes after Alfred had found a parking spot, they went in.

The rest of the day was spent with Alfred dragging Matthew and Kiku everywhere from random shops. But at some point Kiku had disappeared before reappearing with a camera in hand.

"What's the camera for?"

"Oh don't worry Master Matthew, its for future STUFF"

"Oh okay, and please call me Matthew, Matt, or just Mattie" Matthew said with a smile.

"As you wish." Kiku said bowing slightly.

"May I ask how did you buy a camera? I mean I'm not saying that you can't and all but I'm..... I'm just asking out of curiosity" He laughed nervously.

Kiku nodded seemingly understanding what he was trying to ask.

"The camera, Alfred bought it for me. Apparently he somehow knew that I liked taking pictures of things and maybe he saw me staring at it." He whispered the last few words but Matthew could still hear him and smiled.

"I always thought you only liked reading. Well to me you look like a person who would enjoy reading." He said with a finger tapping at his chin, seeming to think about it.

"Oh I do, but sometimes I like spending time looking at things and taking pictures here and there" Kiku said as he hugged the the camera close, Matthew nodded seemingly agreeing with the vampire, but noticing how he hugged the camera but made no comment deciding that maybe it was special for him in a way.

"Yo bros! Are you guys just going to stand there or are we still going to do more shopping?" Alfred yelled across the mall.

Matthew sighed and then chuckled.

"Come on let's go before he starts making a racket"

Kiku nodded and followed as his hand went to his weapon, tightening his grip on his katana that sat on his waist, sensing someone following close behind.