CHAPTER 8: THE NOTEBOOK (PART ONE)

Assalamu alaikum, so here is the third and last update for the week

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Assalamu alaikum, so here is the third and last update for the week. Until we meet next week in sha Allah.

Remember, more comments, likes and shares calls for more frequent updates. 😜

Here comes Mairo and her murderer.🙊

***

The events of the day prompted Maryam to write, she hadn't written since she arrived in London, and with the events that unfolded, she had so many things to put down. There was something about the night that called out to her. After they'd finished watching a movie with Wafiyya, she had turned in but she was too restless to sleep. The sights she saw and the feelings they evoked within her, added with her phone call with Nafeesah they all stirred that part of her that had been numb for days, and she was grateful for that. 

When on her borrowed balcony earlier that morning before they left for their tour she had spotted the perfect place to keep her imaginative juices flowing. She would give anything to write from beneath the brown roof. Even now when she looked down at the backyard, the place was well lit.  The gazebo was half covered with glass, almost like a patio. But she knew she would love the breeze and the scent of the outdoor would keep the light in her burning. 

Grabbing her notebook, a pen and her laptop, Maryam covered herself in her scarf and headed out not minding that it was almost 11 pm. She found the kitchen screen door closed, but with a little click to the handle it turned and she sighed. She would have been massively disappointed if she had found it locked. She took a station at one of the wicker chairs. And placed her laptop on the low brick wall that made up the other part of the gazebo.  

Maryam relished her aunt's sense of style, everything in the space had character. From the fur pillows, thrown at the back of each chair. To the sling back chairs, the clay pots hanging from the ceiling. The neatly trimmed flowers surrounding it. Put together this place was a little heaven. The perfect eclectic blend. She hated that she was just discovering it after staying in the mansion for almost two weeks. With the cool breeze taking up the unmistakable scent of grass, chives and cherry blossoms with the zingy clouds of Lady's Mantle, her set was ready. 

She fired up her laptop and sprinted. Her hands flying over the keyboard. She would always bless her father for getting her this computer as her graduation gift. Since then, she had been using it to write her drafts. The drafts she had no idea how to ever publish considering she didn't have any means to sponsor the work, and she hadn't exactly divulged her secret passion for writing to her parents.  It was something she was sure they would not be okay with. 

She had once tested the waters by asking her mother what she thought of writing as a profession.

"Are you mad? What kind of question is this? Is writing even a thing? People are becoming doctors and lawyers but you are here dreaming rubbish."