CHAPTER 10: A DAY OUT

Assalamu alaikum

Assalamu alaikum. Here is a little something to get you through the week.

Thanks for the love and support.

Met some amazing girls today at the Gombe literature day event. Here is a shout out to them. Hauwah_UA, the CEO HalimaFactor community Initiative Khadija Kwargana, Aisha Bappi and all of you lovely ladies I couldn't get a hold of your names. Thanks for the love, they were so starry-eyed as if they've seen B and S.😂 We sure got some side glares from some of the guests.

I really appreciate it 💞

***

"Yaa Maryam, why do you have so many bodysprays in your handbag?" Wafiyya asked as she shuffled inside Maryam's handbag, looking for a hairband Maryam had asked her to fetch. 

Maryam's hand stopped mid-stroke as she brushed her hair back clenching the long silky mass in her fist.

"Uhm, I like different scents on me.  Have you seen the hairband?"

"Yes, got it." Wafiyya passed the blue large hair ruffle to her.

"Thank you." 

"Are you coming with us?" Wafiyya asked as she plopped on the charcoal-grey bed-bench in Maryam's room. 

"Where?"

"Hajiya has a literature and creativity event with the girls today, we volunteer on Saturdays when I have no school work. Something similar to what we did the last time, but this is a more interactive session."

Maryam carefully analyzed Wafiyya's statement, she had said 'we' did that include him?

 "Uhm... Is Ya Mubarak coming too?"

Wafiyya smiled, wiggling her brows at Maryam. "Want him there? I can make him go."

Maryam shrieked, "Wafis!"

Wafiyya chuckled, "Okay, sorry. No, he isn't coming with us. He coaches the boys at the court on some Saturdays some other days he played with his mates, so it's just us."

"He is into sports?" Maryam's eyes popped out. She had to be extra careful then, she wouldn't want to end up as a squash ball someday. No wonder he looked so burly and ripped and...

"Yes, they all are. The Men that is, Ya Mubarak and Ya Bilaal are Basketball players, Ya Salis is into football."

"Okay, then I don't want to be by myself when you all go. I'm coming with you."

"Nang! I'll tell Hajiya then. She had mentioned something about shopping too. You'll love it." Wafiyya said, already giddy before she left the room, Maryam let out a sigh. She didn't know why she had a sinking feeling in her abdomen, but it was there and she didn't like it. But she had to push it aside and thoroughly enjoy her day.