Chapter Eighteen

Be prepared to choke on fluff, that's all this chapter is, but it's cute and was fun to write. Comment and tell me what you think. On ward!

Darkness filled my vision, keeping me from seeing anything else. My hands were stretched out in front of me, searching desperately for something, anything to hold on to. I stumbled along, blind and scared. What is going on? Where am I? I thought, sudden panic making my chest tight.

"Hello?" I called, my voice weak and unsure. "Is anyone there?" My voice was met with nothing but the silence of the endless void. I continued forward for who knows how long until a horrid scent filled my nose. I knew what it was. I had smelled it several times through working in the cram school. It was the scent of blood. The metallic tang filled the air and caused my stomach to churn unhappily. I hesitated slightly in my step but continued on.

As I walked, the smell only got worse and worse. I knew I was getting closer. My heart beat fast in my chest, and sweat dripped down my face. My stomach was in knots of anxiety and panic. Part of me wanted to know what had happened, and the other, more rational, side of me screamed at me to flee in the opposite direction.

There was a sudden grating sound of metal against metal, and I was quick to cover my ears. This sound was followed by an eerie laugh that reverberated off the walls, coming in waves. I paused in my step, almost tripping over myself. I stayed still for a while, but all had gone silent again. I swallowed and stepped forward, a decision I was quick to regret. I slipped on something slick and fell to the floor with a thud. When I realized what I now lay in, I gagged, but nothing came up. Slowly pushing myself to a sitting position, I tried to calm my rapidly beating heart.

Suddenly, the lights came on, making spots dance across my vision. When I opened my eyes, I cursed myself for another terrible decision. My mouth hang open in horror as I looked at the ragged sight before me. There, in front of me, lay a body covered in deep red blood that now coated my hands, arms, and legs. I could just make out a school uniform under the crimson liquid. A terrified sob escaped my lips as I took note of the two toned hair and shiny piercings.

I sat bolt upright in my dorm room bed, my mouth open in a silent scream. I quickly took in my surroundings, trying to calm myself. Tears poured down my cheeks and sweat matted my long hair. I quickly flipped my bedside lamp on and scrambled for my glasses, putting them on haphazardly. I raised my shaking hands in front of me, a moan of relief falling from my lips when I found them to be clean of blood. I pulled my knees to my chest and let my head fall to rest of my knees.

I sobbed into my knees, telling myself it was only a dream. He's fine. He's okay. It was just a dream, I told myself. He's just down the hall. He's fine. No matter what I told myself, my heart would not believe my brain. It had just been too real, all that blood. It was suddenly too much, and I threw back my covers and scrambled out of bed. I fumbled with the door and finally managed to get it open. I swung my door open, not bothering to close it as I hurried down the hall to Bon's room.

When I reached his door, I rapped on it a few times, hoping he would answer the door. My heart was in my throat as I wanted in silence, only my quiet sobs accompanying me. After a few minutes, the door swung open slowly to reveal a very tired looking Bon. His long two toned hair fell over his eyes and he brushed it back to look down at me. He eyes widened as his met mine, and he opened his mouth to speak, but I cut him off before he could say a word.

I threw my arms around him, grabbing him in a tight hug, crying shamelessly into his muscular chest. He's here. He's right here, and he's fine, I repeated to myself over and over again. He's here and safe and alive. I vaguely noticed strong arms wrapping around me and pulling me impossibly closer to him. Nimble fingers ran through my hair and down my back. I could hear him whispering quiet words to me, trying to calm me.

I wasn't sure how long we stayed like that until I finally got a grip and calmed down. I leaned away from him, one hand still gripping his shirt tightly and the other coming to clean my face of messy tears. His calloused hands came up to cup my face, and he silently brushed away the tears with his thumbs. I looked up at him, my red rimmed eyes meeting this concerned ones. "(Y/N), what's going on?" he whispered, his eyes searching my face. I looked away, now feeling slightly embarrassed. "Come here," he told me before pulling me into his room and flicking on the lights. He pushed the door closed with his foot and sat on his bed, pulling me into his lap. "What's going on, babe?" he asked again.

At his soft words, I told him everything that had taken place in my dream. The tears returned with a vengeance, staining my cheeks with their sticky tracks. "I-it was s-so r-real," I cried. "T-he b-blood...there-there was s-so much," I stuttered. In response, he wrapped his arms tighter around and laid back in his bed, cradling me to his chest. He whispered sweet nothings and stroked my hair until I calmed down again.

"(Y/N)?" Bon questioned, and I hummed in response, letting him know I was listening. "Do you think there's any reason you had a dream like that?" I gripped his shirt, thinking hard.

"I haven't had a dream like since I first met with Katsuro and Kitiara; I had one that night," I said slowly. Then I shook my head. "But if it's true that my dreams and my meetings are connected, why didn't I have one last night? Why tonight?" I mused. I felt Bon run his hand up and down my arm.

"I don't know. It might just be the mental strain. Maybe there's no connection at all, maybe you're just having them," Bon said. "You should think about going to talk to Shura or Mr. Okumura about it; they might have an idea," he offered. I nodded, nuzzling my face into his chest. We stayed like that for a few minutes, just laying in silence. I sighed, pushing myself into a sitting position. Bon gripped my forearms, question clear in his eyes.

"I should probably head back to my room," I mumbled, my face heating up in a blush as I realized the position I was in. My arms were on either side of Bon's head as he looked up at me, and my legs were tangled with his.

"Stay," Bon said softly. I looked away, my face feeling as though it was on fire. "I know you; you won't sleep good like this." It took me a minute to figure out what he was talking about. My arms were still shaking uncontrollably and my bottom lip was still quivering slightly. "And I won't sleep knowing you're feeling like this," he whispered while reaching up to stroke my hair. I nodded and laid back down, not possessing the energy to argue.

We laid on our sides, facing each other. Bon continued to search my face, his brow furrowed like he was trying to figure something out. "What?" I whispered. He grunted in response and reached over to brush a stray strand of hair out of my face, his hand coming to rest on my cheek.

"You should wear your glasses more often," he murmured, making me blush. "I think I like them a little more, but you're beautiful either way." I blushed harder, looking down. I heard him chuckle slightly. I looked up when Bon ran his thumb over my cheek. His deep brown eyes locked with mine and he leaned closer until our lips met in a soft kiss.

My eyes fluttered shut as I let the sensation of the sweet kiss flood my senses. His lips moved slowly against mine and I lightly kissed him back. His lips were soft and sweet, just as they had been the first time I'd kissed him. I reached over and placed my hand on his cheek, pulling him closer and testing the waters oh so carefully. His fingers slipped into my hair, threading through it gently. I never wanted this moment to end; his lips on mine, telling me how much I meant to him.

Too soon, he pulled back slightly and breathed out a sigh, leaving his lips just close enough to brush mine. I opened my eyes and looked up at him so see his eyes were closed, his face calm. He leaned his forehead on mine, his hand coming to cup the back of my neck. I put my hand on his chest, gripping his shirt lightly.

"I love you," I heard him murmur, his lips brushing against mine as he spoke. My heart seemed to skip a beat at his words. He had never said anything like that before. I knew he could very affectionate when it was just the two of us, but this surprised me. I couldn't quite find my words, so I leaned into him and pressed my lips fully against his in a quick but sweet kiss. I leaned back after a second and looked up to see his brown eyes looking down at mine.

"I love you too, Bon."