Chapter Sixty-Two

I just want to say that I have the best readers ok Wattpad. Thank you all so much for being so understanding and patient with me; it means the world to me. I love all of you so much. I hope you all enjoy this new chapter, and I hope you all have a lovely day!!!

The TV across from my hospital bed buzzed quietly with Criminal Minds as I lazily sketched in my new sketchbook. Nothing was really taking shape on the paper, just lines, here and there, some straight, some curved, never one like the one before it. Normally, my sketches were very uniform with a plan in mind, but today there were just mindless lines and curves all over the stark white page.

I couldn't stay focused. I couldn't think of anything else than the dark skinned boy with piercing blue eyes and the girl with equally brilliant blue hair. Their faces just kept flashing across the forefront of my mind, Bright blue eyes. Brightly blue hair. Dark skin. Pale skin. A rough yet caring voice. A positive attitude.

Suddenly, I found myself staring at the faces of the two demons. I had unconsciously drew them right on the page in front of me. They weren't detailed, just a few lines and curves, but I knew it was them. I sighed and slammed the sketchbook closed, throwing the pencil and book on the nightstand beside me. I grabbed the remote that laid beside me and turned the TV up, desperate to distract myself with the drama of the TV show.

Despite my love for the show and my desperation to pay attention to the plot, I was able to do as I planned. It wasn't just Katsuro and Kitiara. It was everything else going on. Or, what else wasn't going on. School was still going on. People still had work to do. It felt like everything was moving on without me. The sun would rise and set and a new day would begin, yet, inside my little hospital room, it felt as if time was constantly standing still.

My routine consisted of waking up in the morning, eat something, wait for my speech therapist to make her appearance, sit around and wait for lunch, have an exhausting PT session on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and then fall back asleep until dinner where someone would normally be waiting for me. By that time, there was only an hour left of visiting hours, and then I just sat around until it was time to sleep.

Now, I was waiting for lunch time to come around having just finished a speech session, trying not to get swallowed by my own screaming thoughts. It was a Monday, a new week and another exhausting PT session ahead of me after lunch.

I sighed and switched off the TV, unable to focus on even a single episode. I tossed the remote to the side, nearly in tears when there was a knock on the door. I looked at the clock, finding that it was not yet twelve thirty, meaning it was not yet time for lunch. I looked over at the doorway in confusion before I called for whoever was at the door to come in. The door opened inward and in walked Ryuji.

"Rrrrryuji," I said, sitting up a little straighter. "W-what are you d-doing here?" I asked. "D-don't you have classes?" I pressed, looking up at the clock again. "Sh-shouldn't you b-be in Mr. Okumura's class by now?" I asked. His expression softened for a moment before he came to sit by me, not saying another word. My brows furrowed in confusion, extremely unnerved by his strange behavior. Quietly, he sat on the bed next to me, a small, mournful smile on his face as he brushed a piece of stray hair behind my ear.

"We had our first final today," he explained. I looked at him with wide eyes. "Don't you remember? We talked about it on Friday," he offered, obviously trying to spark my memory. I shook my head, not remembering the conversation. Between the pain of finding out about Katsuro and Kitiara, my different therapy sessions, and getting back on my feet, I had completely forgotten. I had been in a coma for three months. So much had happened since the battle. It was hard to keep everything straight, even though I had been awake for a month.