Bonus 2

Hello, people of the internet. Fair warning for this little bonus, it does deal with some darker subjects, but it has a nice little fluffy ending. Just be safe as you read this chapter guys. Anyway, I hope you enjoy. let me knw if you did through a comment and/or a vote!

I wrung my hands as I walked down the halls of the cram school toward the training center. The halls were quiet, the only sound being of my soft footfalls and my somewhat labored breathing. I was nervous about this training session to say the least. It was going to be my first training session with Katsuro and Kitiara under Lightning's nose. I wasn't sure how we were going to get away with it. Ever since Angel said assigned Lightning to my case, he had been like my second shadow. I would pass him in the halls at least twenty times during regular school hours, and having him around cram school was even worse. He never strayed far from my side, constantly yes looking over my shoulder as I did my work.

I could tell Lightning was starting to get on Bon's nerves as well. His temper had been on a shorter fuse than normal, and we spent a lot of free time in the gym on the punching bag. What was worse was that Lightning had to follow me everywhere, including the gym. Granted, he would nap most of the time which had me on edge more than usual. If he was supposed to be my bodyguard, he wasn't doing a very good job. He wasn't very inconspicuous, and half the time he wasn't paying attention. If anything, Ryuji should just have been made my bodyguard, what with all the time we spent together. And he was more diligent to put it lightly.

Lightning didn't make me feel any safter. In fact, it was quite the contrary. The lingering sense of anxiety only worsened when he was around. I was constantly on edge, looking around and glancing over my shoulder for any sense of danger. However, I hadn't seen Lightning at all that day. He wasn't at breakfast, loud and obnoxious like he usually was. He wasn't a face I saw constantly in the hallway while I was trying to focus on school work. And last but not least, he wasn't an ever present shadow always three paces behind me and one pace to the right. He had just up and left, and I wasn't complaining. To say I was in a better ood that day was an understatement, but I still couldn't help but feel the anxety creeping in the closer I got to the training room. I didn't know what I would do with the Vatican found out that I had been lying to the about the Sister Swords all this time. That would be the end of the line for me. And who knows what would happen to those I love.

When I reached the door to the training room, I paused, by hand on the doorknob. I quickly shook myself out, both mentally and physically. It seemed to help a little, but I was still worried. With a sigh, I pushed open the training room door to be met with a surprie. Standing there in hi usual loud get up was Mephistio himself. Thankfully, Lightning was no where in sight. One less thing to worry about. But why the demon king of time and space was attending my training session was another cause for worry. I slowly and quietly closed the door behind me, suddenlt not sure if I wanted to go through with this. Maybe I should fake being sick. But there was no way I was going to able to lie to Mephisto. He was one of the few people I couldn't lie to, and it angered me to no end. I couldn't hide behind my wall of lies in front of this man. He was the founder of lies.

"Ah, there she is," Mephisto mused aloud, guestering for me to enter the room. "Come on in, (Y/N). We have a few things to discuss," he said.

"Where's Shura?" I asked when I noticed that the woman was not in the room with us. It was just Mephisto and me in the huge, otherwise empty, training center.

"I have her distracting Angel and Lightning today so that we could try something new with your training," he explained, placing his hands on his hips in one sweeping, elegant motion. It took everything in me not to roll my eyes at the man. He was the definition of 'extra' that it was almost comical. "We are going to be working on creating and strenghting a mental barrier against Ishida and Kaage. By the end of this, I was you to be able to block them off even though you are all mentally contected." Mephisto pursed his lips for a moment, looking like he wanted to say something, but holding back. He shook his head, and I narrowed my eyes at him.