Chapter Fifty-Six

Haha, please don't kill me. *cowers in the corner form angry readers* I'm finally back with an update; writer's block was murdering me. Anyway, I hope you like this chapter and thanks for being so patient!

"We're going to be in so much trouble for this," Ryuji grumbled as he wrenched the lock open, using one of my spare bobby-pins as a lock-pick. He shoved the pin in his pocket as he tore open the door to the shooting range.

"No, more like you'll be the one in trouble," I pointed out. as I made my way open to the back on the shooting range. "You're the one stealing a highly dangerous gun from the school." I took the key from around my neck and opened one of the steel lockers. "These babies are mine," I said, pulling out the twin handguns. I smirked as Ryuji grumbled something under his breath. I started checking the rounds in my guns as he made his way to his locker.

"I hate it when you're right," Ryuji said through a sigh. I smirked, pretending to blow him a kiss. He made a face at me, rolling his eyes. This only caused me to laugh. He took the bobby-pin from his pocket and proceeded to open his own locket. "I hate this," he grumbled as he grabbed the gun through the locker and started filling rounds into the magazine.

"Ever the rule follower, babe," I teased. He glared at me in response.

"You two done flirting in here or what?" I heard a deep voice ask, and I looked up to see Katsuro standing with his back to us, maintaining a watch on the doors to the shooting range. I knew Kitiara was somewhere down the hall to watch for any passersby.

"Shut up, Katsuro," I snapped, but I knew he was trying to keep the mood light. Because of our mental connection, he could feel all of my emotions. He knew that my nerves were frayed and I was scared under this mask of cool I was somehow keeping up. I was running purely on adrenaline at this point. "Do you still feel him?" I asked, through a glance over at the demon as I shoved a few extra rounds in my pocket.

"How could I not? His presence is overpowering," Katsuro growled. "It's like the stench of rotting flesh, it might be a mile away but it always seems to be right behind you," he explained. It was a morbid thought, but I got the point.

"Ready?" Ryuji asked from behind me. I looked over my shoulder and found my boyfriend shoving a few extra rounds in his pants pockets, his sniper rifle slung over his shoulder.

"Yeah," I grunted before I took a deep breath. "Let's get this over with," I said, marching toward the exit of the shooting range. If I didn't do this right now, I would never be able to start.

"So do we have a plan?" Katsuro said as he reached my side. I threw a glare in his direction. He could read my thoughts. He was in my mind constantly. He didn't need to ask. He knew I didn't have a plan. I was just going to have to wing it. Right now, the objective was to get rid of Ishida, but even when it came to that, I was clueless. I could never kill anyone. I shook my head. We would blow up to the bridge when we get to it. We could leave that up to the Vatican.

A shiver suddenly ran down my spine and a slight pain pricked at the back of my neck. I rubbed at the back of my neck, scratching lightly at my skin.

"(Y/N)," I heard Ryuji ask from my other side, looking at me in concern.

"He's close," I ground out through clenched teeth. "I can feel it." My boyfriend didn't speak, he only took my hand in a silent act of comfort. I let Katsuro and Kitiara lead us as they had the strongest connection as the three of them were siblings. I noticed they were leading us toward the fountain at the center of the campus. I felt my stomach roll at the thought. There was no way we could do this quietly. As if Ryuji could read my mind, I felt him squeeze my hand tightly.