6.

It was evening when we finished checking out all the places

It was evening when we finished checking out all the places. Gigi told me that she'd finalized the ballroom of the Aquamarine Palace. She told me she wanted a vintage Hollywood theme for her masquerade ball.

We returned to the Aquamarine Palace to book the venue. There, Leo was waiting for us. I was surprised. How did he know we were here? Maybe, Gigi must've called him.

"I'm shocked. How did you know we are here?" Gigi exclaimed.

Well, that makes the two of us. I fail to understand how this guy has the ability to be at the right place at the right time.

"You underestimate me Gabriella. I'm your brother, I know you well." He said smugly.

Of course he wouldn't answer anything directly. He had to keep up his mysterious and brooding guy image. Damn Leo! Now, my mind is going to keep thinking about ways he managed to find out about us.

He asked, turning to me. "So, did you get the quotation for the ballroom?"

"Yes I did." I flashed him a piece of paper that I tucked between the pages of my planner.

"I'll sit over there." Gigi said gesturing at the sofa facing me, at the other side of the coffee table. "Meg, why don't you explain everything to Leo?"

Gigi got up and sat on the other side. Leo came and sat besides me.

"The capacity of the venue is...." I circled a number with red pen.

Leo scooted next to me to get a better look.

"Hmm." He whispered. "I see."

I felt shivers when I heard his low voice and felt the warmth of his breath. I could barely think with him so close to me.

"They have a fire restriction so no crackers."

Gigi had told me that she wanted a big firework show. But, that wasn't going to happen in the pre-engagement party. Maybe, we could work it out at some other event.

"Oh and this is the price they've quoted."

I pointed the back on my pen on a number written at the very end. He leaned closer to get a better look. I realised that my hair blocked his view. Awkwardly, I tucked a strand of stray hair behind my ear.

I turned to face him. "I think they'd reduce it to– "

My breath was caught in my throat when my eyes met. His face was mere inches away from me. His cold eyes scanned every inch of my face making me feel like he could read every single thought in my mind. It made me feel exposed and embarrassed. There was a persistent voice in my head compelling me to reach out and trace my fingertips over his face. But, I resisted that voice. This wasn't right.

"Listen." Gigi's voice seemed to snap us out of our daze.

Leo jerked away and I too shifted uncomfortably. I looked away trying to hide the blush that had risen on my cheeks.