27.

27.

We landed in Las Vegas, the hot wind carassed my hair as we waited for Nico to bring the car. The first stop in our trip was Vegas because we had to take the cash from a casino owner. Leo had explained to us in the flight that Nico had invested his money in a casino, as a favour to the owner. In return, Nico got a certain percentage of the profits. This money was supposed to fund our alleged 'world tour'. Since it was cash we wouldn't have to bother about a trail.

Nico, Leo, Andrew and I went in one car. While Alex, Amy, Emily and Gigi went in the other. Their car followed ours as Nico drove to the hotel.

"Have you guys packed anything fancy?" Nico asked.

"The most formal thing I managed to pack is my lab coat and scrubs. And I can assure you it's the same for Gigi. We doctors carry our coat and scrubs and other equipments before we carry anything else."

"Don't ask me. I couldn't even get in my own house. Amy and I are surviving on Emily and Gigi's borrowed clothes."

Ugh, no wonder these jeans felt so uncomfortable and looked so horrible on me. And the top... warm beige merged with my skin tone and looked so unflattering. I couldn't wait to get out of it.

"What about you?" Nico asked Leo.

"I may have gotten three suits and two tuxedos." Leo answered calmly.

"Of course you did you sly bastard. That's why I was wondering where did my fancy bowtie disappear." Nico said. The humour in his tone was obvious.

"If I remember well, you stole it from my wardrobe in the first place." Leo said.

The childishness of their argument was cute. I wanted to know more about Leo and Nico's relationship. Sometimes, it feels like they hate each other. Yet, they both have each other's back during difficult times. After the Bianca thing, the two seemed to have gotten closer. I guess, nothing like murder to bring two people closer. Okay, that was messed up.

"Nico, do we have enough time in our schedule to take a shopping trip?"

"I was planning to do some sightseeing around like a clichéd tourist. Las Vegas is a touristy place after all. But, you can go shopping if you like."

"What about you Andrew?" I asked.

"I'm tired after that long flight. I think I'll rest." He said.

"You can borrow one of my suits and so can you Nico." Leo said. "I'll go shopping with Meg."

"I'll text others and ask them."

I texted the others and updated them about our shopping plan. The fact that my life is at risk aside, I couldn't wait to explore more of Vegas.

#

That evening I wore a long dark green dress. Green according to Feng Shui, is the colour which attracts luck and money, and that's something I'd definately need in a casino. We headed to the famous casino called Queen of Hearts. It had a whimsical decor that I totally dig.

Amy let out a low whistle as she noticed the swanky and beautiful surroundings.

"Am I the only one who feels underdressed despite the fact that I'm wearing something that costs my monthly rent in Trinity?" Emily said.

"No Emily, I feel the same way." Gigi said. "Nico really outdid himself this time."

"Speaking of the guys... I thought they reached before us."

The guys left early since Nico had to sort certain financial issues with the owner.

"Knowing my brothers, they're probably betting against each other. Why don't we check out some slots? They look fun." Gigi said.