44.

I knew the girls would round up back to Aquamarine, I had Alex trail them. I do not trust Gabriella to stay out of trouble and especially not with someone like Meg. I told them I'd catch up with them, so I waited at the Aquamarine. My sister was surprised to see me there, I mean it's no surprise. She's very predictable. Or perhaps I'm just good at reading people.

The three of us sat in the lounge and Meg had some quotations from different venues.Gigi wanted me to see it. I sat besides Meg as she kept on explaining. I glanced at Gabriella and noticed she was engrossed texting on her phone. I bet my life, she's going to sneak out any time to meet up Andrew.

I turned to Meg. She was showing me some calculations she wrote down on a piece of paper. Umm seriously, was that a red pen? She had some rose gold sticky notes too. Seriously did she use rose gold everything? Her phone was rose gold. Her ear studs were rose gold. Hell even the paper clips and stapler pins in her office were rose gold. I mean I know she's a wedding planner and aesthetic is her life but wasn't this pink and rose gold to excessive, not to mention a little too instagramy or tumblrish or pintresty? Her cursive handwriting made it hard for me to read. Good lord, she even writes in aesthetic. I mean who does that? Can this girl get any more cliched?

I leaned forward to take a better look at the numbers. Her stupid hair came in between. Wait... why did she smell so good? Is it lemongrass? Was it her shampoo or her perfume but god it smelled good. Wait, what kind of a creep am I? I shrugged off my thoughts from lemongrass and focused on the calculations and how Gigi's extravagant tastes and her love for fireworks was going to burn a hole in my pocket.

Her slender fingers traced a strand of hair and tucked it behind her ear. I think I was really close to her. There were still wisps of her hair caressing her cheek, and for a moment I was so tempted to touch her cheek tuck those strands of stray hair behind her ear.

My heart almost stopped when she turned. I thought she'd scoot away, uncomfortable at our distance. Instead, she stayed and looked at me. She was even more prettier up this close. Her arched brows, her doe-like eyes looking up at me through the eyelashes. I don't know if it was my imagination but I swear I noticed a flush rise up her cheek. I kept telling myself, don't look at her lips. But, against my better judgement I did. She parted her lips slightly and wetted it with her tongue. It wasn't anything promiscuous or crazy, but I don't know why it made me go crazy. All I was thinking about was having her lips on mine. I wondered what would it feel like kiss someone so beautiful like her. Having her this close made me loose my mind, if she ever kissed me, I swear I'd die.

Gigi's voice snapped me apart. God, this was so embarrassing. She definitely saw whatever was going on between Meg and I. I inhaled deeply to calm myself and focus my thoughts. Okay Leo, calm the fuck down and serious tone down those hormones, you aren't a horny schoolboy. Maybe, it'd just been too long since I'd been with a girl. Or maybe, she was really really pretty. Like I don't know what was it about her that made her so beautiful. I mean she was good looking and all. But, Bianca was gorgeous, but I never felt like an idiotic schoolboy around her.

I wasn't even paying attention when Gabriella explained she had to go and meet Andrew at the airport. I knew this was coming. I told her I would sort stuff out and she should go and meet her fiancé. I asked her to take my car and go. I really don't want her to go alone in a cab. At least, I knew I had five guns hidden inside the car in case she might ever need it for any kind of emergency. Gigi left even without saying a bye. Typical. She is crazy about that boy Andrew and in a good way. They're a cute couple even though their mushy romance makes me puke sometimes.

I realised that Meg and I were alone. The lounge was empty too. It's strange thought to be alone with her. It made me feel a weird sensation in my stomach. For god's sake, why am I being so dramatic? We discussed a little more about the location and decided on Aquamarine. I asked her if we had more work to do and she said no. I glanced at the time and realised that it was pretty late. She was packing all her rose gold stationary in her tote. She's a careless girl and I guess I was a little worried about her. The streets are unsafe for unsuspecting people like her. And, did I mention it was raining heavily? Fuck the weather. It couldn't get any worse.