51.

I was supposed to work on Anna and William's wedding. But, I couldn't stop thinking about Leo walking away. Why is he so touchy about his job? I know he's not a bad guy, I know he doesn't like doing what he does. But, why is he so closed off to the idea of changing his profession? Amy did work on Yakuza in Japan and interviewed former gang members who'd retired and lived peaceful lives. Even Hollywood movies had stories of retired hitmen. Why couldn't Leo retire? As much as I love him and everything, it's slightly unnerving to know that your boyfriend is a freaking gangster. When I think of my future, I think of a cosy home and hosting my friends for fancy dinners on weekends. I do not think of escaping from vengeful murderers. I just wish Leo would understand what I feel. Don't get me wrong, I'd love him regardless of everything he does. But, I just wish he had less guilt and baggage from his profession. I want to see him be happy, away from the ghosts of his profession.

My thoughts broke when I saw a notification of a video call. My cousin Rhea was calling me up. It'd been so long since I'd spoken to my family. I saw Rhea's image on my screen, her hair in space buns, adorned with glittering bobby pins.

"You will not believe what just happened." She said.

Most people would ask their cousin how they're doing. But not Rhea. When she's excited she simply cannot keep still unless she vented out to someone.

"Samar called me up and asked for your number," Rhea said. "He said he's working with a client of yours, so he asked me to ask you to call him."

Huh? That was unexpected. Last time Samar popped in my life wasn't so good. It caused some troubles in my relationship with Leo.

"What does he do?" I asked. "Last I heard he was an FBI agent."

"He left his job. Now he works for this elite private security firm." Rhea said. "He said his firm was hired by a celebrity for his wedding. And apparently this celebrity is looking for a wedding planner to plan a super high-profile wedding or something like that. It's supposed to be a top-secret so he hasn't told me who his clients are. He only wants to speak to you."

"Fine." I sighed. "Give him my phone number. I'll speak to him."

Rhea chewed her lip and looked at me pensively. "You'd be okay, right?"

"I met him a while ago and I felt nothing. Believe me, I've moved on. I'm happy with Leo. It'll be fine"

"Damn!" Rhea exclaimed. "I lost the bet with Ritesh. He said you're so in love with Leo, you wouldn't give a fuck even if Samar dated Zenia."

"Wait, Samar and Zenia are dating?"

Zenia was my former roommate and a college friend. I introduced both of them and let's say that was the worst mistake of my life. I'd always felt that boys take time to commit and one day Samar would end up loving me. I stuck by his side and stayed with him while he kept me as an option. I'd have used the terms sidekick if I didn't find it so derogatory. When I came home and found Samar and Zenia together, it was gross. It broke my heart. When I confronted them they both told me that I'm overreacting since Samar and I never had anything serious. Ugh, I still can't get over that embarrassment. It was a pathetic low for me.

Samar and Zenia always had an on-again-off-again kind of thing going. The fact that they decided to commit to each other made a pang in my stomach.

"I'll be fine."

It was a huge fucking lie. I won't be fine. I loved him so much. And, it took me so long to get over him and to heal from all that he'd hurt me.

Rhea gave me his number. I spoke to her for a while before she had to go. God, I'd missed my sister so much. I wonder when it would be safe for us to return back home?

I texted Samar and waited for his answer. It was agonising so I decided to read Leo's diary. 

#

A/N: 

I've been so busy with stuff that MB took a backseat. In the meantime, I cannot believe that this story has amassed a whopping 31,000 reads! Whoa! Thank you all for reading this. I never expected that this story that I wrote as a detox from the typically serious and heavy stuff I write would be so popular. 

Since you guys have been such supportive readers and I've been such an undisciplined writer, I'm trying to make it up with a surprise bonus update. 

Hope you guys like it. 

#