33.

Next day all of us decided to visit a local fruit market. Since we were staying in the outskirts of Medillin, we thought it'd be a good idea to explore the city. The others had been there yesterday so they decided to stay back. It was just Amy, Alex, Leo and I who were off to the city. I wore one of my bright flowy top and jeans. I memorised Leo's instructions of not doing anything too touristy to attract attention. I applied slight makeup and adjusted my top. I twirled in front of Leo to flaunt my outfit.

"Perfect." He said. I noticed that he was in a very casual attire, he was wearing linen shirt with rolled up sleeves. Not that I mind his well-fitted suits but his casuals were a nice change.

"Listen, I'm going to try and set up Amy and Alex so you better help me."

Leo raised his palms in defiance. "I don't interfere in people's love life."

"Oh shut up." I rolled my eye. "Stop being so boring, besides I think they do want to be with each other. All they need is a little push."

"Fine I'll go along your childish plan." He grumbled.

We rushed down the stairs and got in the car, where Amy and Alex were already waiting for us.

Alex was driving us. Amy sat next to him while Leo and I piled in the back seat.

"So... I never really figured how you both knew each other."

Leo rolled his eyes. He pulled me close and whispered, "Real subtle, Meg."

Amy sighed, "Some things are better left unsaid."

Alex blurted, "Of course, it is totally healthy to ghost someone. Like that's not a toxic behaviour to be distant and not communicate."

"You don't talk about being distant!" Amy snapped.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Leo glaring at me. Ugh great, just great. There was a stunned silence in the car. I should really stop being so awkward and ruining everything.

"The fact that you guys are hurt about it means somewhere deep down you both still care." Leo said. "I get pissed off when Meg acts silly because I care about her. If I didn't I wouldn't give a shit."

"Real subtle." It was my turn to roll my eyes.

"Actually..." Amy said. "You may have a point. Even if I believe talking is fuitile and there's nothing that we can do to change it. I still think I need to get stuff sorted for the sake of closure."

"I admit, a lot has been left unsaid." Alex said.

"So you guys can start by saying your perspectives. Amy, you go first since Alex is driving.

Amy took a deep breath and started her story.

Years ago, she doing an assignment on corrupt corporations in Japan. Amy flew to Tokyo for an assignment. A huge multinational company had been a front for a smuggling operation. When Amy was uncovering that, the company sought help from a Yakuza clan to get Amy out of the way. Alex's father sent him to get rid of Amy. However, after hearing about Amy's research, Alex had a change of heart and decided to support and protect her to take down the corrupt corporation. While they were busting this, they got close and ended up having a fling while denying their feelings. For Amy, getting involved with Alex meant straying away from her ideals. When Alex confessed his feelings for her, all she could do was run away because she didn't know what to do. Amy almost came on the verge of tears while narrating her story.

Suddenly, Alex blurted, "Are you telling me the reason you left me was that you had feelings for me?"

She nodded a yes and sniffled. "Tell me what was I supposed to do? You went against your father for me. I couldn't ask more from you so I left. You deserved so much more than a lousy fling."