15.

I looked up and my eyes met his

I looked up and my eyes met his. Like always my heart raced when our gaze met. I realized that he'd been staring at me since a while hoping I'd say something but I couldn't bring out a single word.

"Did you have lunch?" He asked.

Even when he was sad, he thought about me and if I'd had lunch.

"Yeah... Gigi specially made some grilled vegetables for me."

I made my way towards him and stood next to him – my arms resting over the barricade.

"So..." I asked.

He turned to me and arched his eyebrows. 

"I see that you're back to your old brooding self?"

His lips turned into slight smirk.

"And you're back to your antics?" He asked.

A sassy reply from him put me at ease. Glad to know that he hadn't lost his humour and sass.

"I was just worried how you were holding up. First with Bianca and then with..." Suddenly, I remembered that Alex had asked me to not tell Leo. "And then with other stuff going on." I added.

He narrowed his eyes skeptically.

"You're a bad liar." He said.

Oh well, so much for trying to put some effort. A gush of fresh wind hit me and I loosened my shoulders. I guess I too needed a well-deserved break.

"No point beating the bush when you're concerned."

Another gust of wind made me shudder and I shifted closer to Leo. He winced when my arm brushed his. Quickly, I looked down and noticed a bruise on his elbow. It was a wound from our heist.

I gently trailed my finger around his bruise, careful not to touch it.

"Does this hurt?" I asked.

"Every wound gets better with time." He said, without even flinching once.

"So you and Bianca were a thing huh?" I asked, unable to suppress my curiosity.

"We weren't a thing, we were just a bunch of hormone crazed teens who did some stupid stuff. Not that I think about her or..."  He said.

I looked up at him and noticed the bruise on his lips. It had left his lower lip swollen. He noticed me eyeing his lips and stopped talking.

"Does... does that hurt too?"  I asked.

"That hurts." He said. "I guess some wounds do keep hurting."

Unknowingly my hand traveled up to his lips caressing the bruise. Leo was startled, but he didn't stop me. 

I ran my thumb over his lower lip and he let out a sharp gasp. His eyes bore deep into me as if trying to reach out to my soul. My heart beat so wildly; I was hesitant but noticing him pull be close emboldened me.

His gaze travelled from my eyes to my lips. I couldn't help but break away from the intensity of his of his gaze. Before I realized, my hand cupped his face and his face was barely inches away from mine. I almost shuddered when I felt his hot breath caressing my lips.

I don't remember if I made the move of if he did. I didn't remember how we got past the hesitation. In fact, I didn't remember anything except the sensation of his warm lips upon mine. He winced when the rugged skin of his bruise brushed against my soft lips. I was startled when he abruptly broke the kiss. 

Suddenly, I wondered if he wanted to kiss me or not. I'd kissed him without even being sure how he felt about me. God, I hope he wasn't angry or something. My mind kept on thinking if what I'd done was wrong.

I'd made a move on him without even thinking if he liked me or not. I was so stupid. Tears welled up and threatened to pour out. 

"I... I... I'm sorry." I barely managed to mumble out before I ran away.

I couldn't bear to face Leo after what I'd done. I had to get away. I exited the Moretti mansion and hailed a cab, I felt tears stream out of my eyes. I'd ruined everything. I had gotten into the fake girlfriend role too much that I'd forgotten that I was nothing more than his fake girlfriend.