Chapter 7

Rita stormed out of the principal's office, fuming at the outrage. Her sister followed her after aiming a furious glare at the principal. Her parents and the principal stared dumbfounded at the door. Then the principal broke into a sarcastic smile. "Well, Mr. and Mrs. Rai, you sure did a great job in raising your kids."
"We're really sorry for this outrage..." Mr. Rai interjected. The principal said "Oh no, no Mr. Rai, it's no problem. I didn't expect anything more from a bunch Indian barbarians like your family.". Mr. Rai rose from his seat "Excuse me, what did you say?".
"I called you a bunch of Indian barbarians, which is exactly what you are! Are you deaf as well, dummy?" the principal laughed. Mr. Rai raised his hands to punch him, but was stopped by his wife. "Calm down, honey," she said nervously "let's just get out of here". She led him out of the room, his hands still clenched into fists. The principal shouted at them "Go and flee, like the cowards you are! But be informed that I'm NEVER gonna take your daughter in my school again!". Mr. Rai turned back and roared at him "Don't worry, you son of a bitch! I'm not gonna send my daughter to your FUCKING school even if I DIE!". Then he pulled his wife outside and slammed the door in a rage.
Outside the office in the corrider, Rita and Manha were looking at their father in awe. They had never heard their father curse at anyone. Rita felt tears rising in her eyes, because she finally felt daughterly feelings for her father. Her father ran up to Rita and gave her a hug. "I'm sorry, dear. I didn't take your concerns seriously. But now I know how bad this school is and how polluted its political atmosphere is. Don't worry, I'm never gonna send you to this school again!". Both her parents engulfed her in a hug. Her sister joined in. At that moment, she didn't care about Savannah or her friends. She didn't care about her principal. She had her family. She needed nothing else.