Chapter 12

Her parents lay on their bed, their eyes wide open, that stunned expression of absolute pain as their life had been snatched away from them. Their eyes stared emptily at the screen, blood dripping from the sheets of the bed as their necks had been slashed open in an act of absolute barbarism. This is just a dream, she thought, just another nightmare. It'll go away. She closed her eyes and willed it to all go away. Suddenly, she heard a terrible scream from upstairs. Manha, she thought and ran towards the stairs.

As she ran upstairs, she heard her sister beg "Please let me go. Please, I didn't do anything to you. LET ME GO! Please, PLEASE!". She then heard a familiar voice saying "You're gonna pay for what your fucking nigga of a father did. He dared to make a fool of me! No one in this town has never talked back to me, let alone make a fool of me like that. How dare a motherfucking nigga do that, huh? You're gonna pay. Ya'll are gonna pay for what your father did". All this while, Rita was listening from behind the door. She knew who that voice belonged to.

Steven Hopkirk

Her blood boiled when she heard how he was talking about their father. She barged into the room, screaming at the man who had so mercilessly murdered her parents.
"YOU! YOU MOTHERFUCKING MURDERER! YOU KILLED THEM! KILLED THEM BOTH! AND NOW YOU TALK ABOUT THEM LIKE THAT?!"
Steve was wearing a face mask, so she couldn't be sure it was him. But she recognised his voice. He subtly smiled at her, "Well, well, well. Look who's here. Miss Rita-fucking-Rai. You saw your parents' bodies, right? I'm so sorry *sarcastically* I had to do it, you know. I couldn't just sit there and watch your nigger of a father live his life...". Before he could say anything else, Rita lunged at him. But she was no match for him. He picked her up easily, tied her with a rope, and tied her mouth up so that she couldn't scream.
"Now... I'd thought I'd just kill your sister, but, you have compelled me to do something worse, my dear. Besides, your sister's body," he licked his lips, "is too good to let waste. Now watch what I do with your sister" he said laughing a sinister laugh. Manha let out a high pitched scream of terror.

And Rita could do nothing but just watch helplessly, as her dear, cheerful, beloved sister was raped by her parents' murderer.
She could do nothing to stop it.