two - love

A/n

Roux is pronounced as Roo

...

"Next time, you're fighting him," I whispered over the phone, then immediately pulled it away from my ears as Roux shouted on the other end.

"Yes. YES! Finally. I'll make you proud!" she cried.

"No no no no no," I giggled. "Not de-feat him. I just want you to make him wet."

"What?" I flinched as her shout physically hurt my ears.

"No no like, make him wet by - throwing water. Drench him!" I snapped my fingers as I found the correct word. "I want you to drench him."

I heard Roux sigh. "Could you please not drunk call me -"

"Why is his hair, like, always flying, y'know. Like, I get it; he has aerokinesis," I giggled at how funny the word was, "but I just want to see his hair falling on his face like -"

"I'm hanging up, Ridge," Roux said. "You're gay when you're -"

"How's this gay?" I pouted. "He just has nice hair, you know. Golden - like that guy!" I pointed to a guy who stood alone by the bar. Why he was alone in a college party was less surprising than why a guy like him was alone.

I pocketed my phone and walked up to him. "You have beautiful hair," I said, sexily leaning on the counter, facing him.

He gave me a curious smile. "Thank you."

"Ridge," I extended a hand.

He had quite a firm grip. "Aspen. A pleasure."

"Your hair is like Super Storm's," I observed, resisting the urge to reach out and touch his golden mop of hair that seemed to be shinning in the iridescent lights.

"Uh..." Aspen laughed lightly, "I guess we use the same shampoo."

I nodded because that made sense. "Do you have a girlfriend?" I asked instead.

I wasn't sure why he was taken aback by the question. It was such a simple question. "Uh... I don't - no, I don't have a girlfriend."

"Boyfriend?"

Aspen laughed. "Look dude, you're drunk and I'm not, so it's my duty to tell you you're wasting your time. I'm not into casual hook-ups."

I shook my head. "Nooo I don't wanna hook up with you. I mean I do, you're hot, but -" I dropped my voice and beckoned him closer. He hesitated for a second, and then leaned forward. "I asked if you had a girlfriend because I want to screw a straight guy and make sure his girlfriend finds out and breaks up with him, and in the meantime, I would've shown him such good time, he'd start questioning his sexuality." I winked.

Aspen stood up straight, frowning. "Dude, you're evil."

"So they say," I blew him a kiss. "Please, let me buy you a drink."

"No no, no more drinks man, you're hammered."

"Yes but I'm a rich hammer," I countered.

Aspen laughed and I realised I wouldn't mind seeing him "drenched" either. Without looking away from him, I gestured the bartender to give us two drinks.

"I don't think I've seen you before in college," Aspen said. "Which department?"

"Geo -" I frowned, momentarily forgetting my major. "Geology."

He nodded. The bartender placed two drinks in front of us. Just as I was about to grab my drink, he got hold of it and poured the liquid into his glass.

"Hey!" I cried. "If you needed another drink, you could've just asked."

"No dude, you should not be drinking more. It's not healthy."

I stared at him, maybe for a little too long because he said uncomfortably, "Uh, Ridge?"

"No one's ever said that to me before," I said.

Aspen smiled and shook his head. "Where are your friends?"

"I don't have any," I muttered.

He chuckled at my misery. "I'm pretty sure you do. I'm pretty sure they're around here somewhere but are too drunk themselves." He placed a hand on my shoulder. "Come, I'll escort you to your dorm."

"Nooo." I smirked, "But we haven't hooked up yet."

"But I'm not a straight guy, remember, so you don't wanna hook-up with me," he said.

I frowned. "I don't?"

"Nope!" he popped the 'p' cheerfully. "Come on, Ridge." He got to his feet and I stumbled after him.

"Which block?" he asked as we left the pub.

"C block," I giggled.

"What's funny?" he said, chuckling lightly.

"I like your laugh," I said instead.

"Thank you, Ridge."

I followed him in silence as he led me to my building. I said goodbye to him and walked up to my room, but much to my surprise I realised he was still next to me.

"Do you want to hook-up?" I asked, coming to a halt in front of my room.

Aspen laughed. "No, Ridge. I'm just making sure you reach your room safely, without falling headfirst onto the concrete."

I chuckled. "That'll be funny."

"Yes, it will be," he smiled.

I stared at him. He had beautiful eyes. "Can I touch your hair?"

He playfully shook his head. "Don't think so."

I pouted. "I will one day."

He smiled, then stretched out his hand towards me, palm upwards. "Give me your phone," he said.

"Uh." I obliged because how could I say no to that smile?

He typed something into it and handed it back to me. "Maybe one day you will."

I had no idea what he was talking about, so I said nothing as he waved me good night and walked away.