EXTRA : Playdate

A/n

Hey folks!! How have you been? Feels surreal to live in a history-book moment, eh?

I hope you're well.

Here's the first Love-Love EXTRA chapter - unedited, and I'm honestly too excited to even proofread it properly, so holler if you see any errors!

.
.

Aspen wasn't replying to my messages. So like any other attention-deprived boyfriend, I went to rob a bank!

"This isn't even your money, so stop being an ass and hurry!" I shouted to the bank manager as he fumbled with the keys.

"You get those, I'll be on my way with these," Garnet said, slinging two bags full of money on her shoulders.

I flicked my hand in acknowledgment. A tunnel opened up on the ground. Garnet gave me a nod and jumped down - only to find herself freeze midway, levitating inches above the tunnel.

At the same time, the air around me pressed against me from all sides, trapping me in an immovable hold.

"What the fuck, Gravel," came a familiar voice.

I rolled my eyes as my 'nemesis' came flying in, the breeze ruffling his golden hair, his costume clean and sparkling. The people in the bank, who were crouching in one corner, cheered. Seeing his saviour, the bank manager dropped the keys and ran towards Super Storm, crouching down along with the rest of the people.

"What are you doing?" Storm asked incredulously, levitating right in front of me.

I wanted to fold my hands over my chest but I wasn't able to move them. "What does it look like I'm doing?" I replied in a bored tone.

Super Storm opened his mouth, but Roux interrupted – "Leave me out of your domestic disputes!" she cried.

Instantly, a blast of water shot out from the sprinkler over Super Storm, drenching him completely. The second's worth of distraction was all Roux needed – the moment Storm's hold on us loosened, she jumped down the tunnel and I closed it off after her.

"Seriously, Gravel, stop it!" Storm said, emerging from the shower, pushing his wet hair out of his face. Whatever I was planning on doing next vanished from my mind as I saw the city's dearest Superhero drenched and dripping wet in front of me, the water dripping from his hair, his mask, his nose, his lips –

One moment I was admiring my 'enemy', and the next moment he lunged at me.

"Wait, wait - TIME OUT!" I cried as he tackled me to the floor.

He did not heed to my time-out and proceeded to pin my wrists to the side, hovering above me.

"Are you done?" he sighed. Water dripped from his hair and fell on my face.

Storm was going easy on me - why else would he pin me to the ground?! So I too decided to give him some leeway and did not struggle against his hold.

"Someone's getting bold," I smirked. "What if someone photographs us like this?"

As expected, his eyes widened as he realised the position we were in. He let go of me immediately and was about to get up when I grabbed him by the collar, stopping him. "What, afraid of a little PR scandal?"

"Stop it," he growled. He reached out to hold my wrist that was clutching his collar, but surprisingly, he did not pull out of my hold. "Why are you suddenly robbing a bank again?" he said instead, his voice serious.

I was unfazed. "Because I need money to survive. Blame capitalism, Storm, not me. I'm all up for good ol' barter!"

Storm rolled his eyes and leaned in closer to me (lol, this was definitely going to be a scandal!). "If you want to play games, leave them for the bedroom, not here – "