EXTRA : Identity Crisis

A/n

Hey all!!

I know I had promised a chapter where Ridge went to meet Aspen's family but I saw a really cool prompt-thingy by superhero and I HAD to write this hahaha.

Hope you like it.

Unedited.

...

“Aspen, can I borrow your Super Storm costume?”

Aspen, who was sitting by the kitchen counter working on some artwork, looked up and gave me a are-you-crazy look. “No!”

“Pleeeease,” I whined from where I sat on the couch. “I really need it.”

“You absolutely cannot borrow my Super Storm costume!”Aspen shook his head and returned to his artwork. “Why do you need it anyway?” he asked after a beat.

“Well… some of your beloved citizens are organizing a – totally legal – Super Storm Look-Alike Contest, and the winner gets five thousand bucks. Five thousand bucks, Aspen!” I cried.

I saw him pause in his work, but he didn’t look up. I could tell he was fighting a smile though. “The answer is still no.”

“Aspen, come on! Aren’t you the one who’s always pestering me to go get a job?”

He turned to me, a brow raised. “I have a dictionary on the top shelf. Go look up the word ‘job’.”

I rolled my eyes at him. “I can’t believe I’m dating someone who has a dictionary on their shelf,” I muttered under my breath. “What am I, eighty?”

“I heard that, Ridge,” Aspen informed.

I groaned and flopped down on the couch. “Please give me your damn costume!”

“No,” he replied, unfazed.

“Aspen!!!!”

“No.”

“If you let me wear it,” I began, sitting back up on the couch, “you can be the one taking it off after.”

“No.”

“Ugh you’re so mean,” I whined, picking up a cushion and throwing it at him.

The cushion froze midway and floated back to where I had picked it up from, further fuelling my irritation.

“If you don’t let me borrow it, I’ll just steal it,” I threatened.

Aspen still didn’t look up from his work. “Good luck,” he chuckled.

So on the day of the Contest, I stole his costume!

To not lose points from racist bastards, I picked up his Bad-Hair-Day Costume. I called it so because, unlike his other costumes, this one completely covered his hair and face – and knowing Storm, he would only ever give up on a chance to show off his hair if he was having a bad hair day! (Update : I don’t know how but Aspen never has a bad hair day, so my above speculation turned out to be invalid.)

I arrived at the Look-Alike Contest in full Super Storm getup, happy and confident.

“Dude, from where did you get this costume?” A tall guy walked up to me, his muscles straining through his version of Storm’s costume, and – did he dye his hair? “Love the details.”

“Thanks man,” I said. I had turned off the voice-changing mechanism in the suit to not look too suspicious.

“That’s not even Super Storm’s costume,” some guy piped in, walking up to us. Two other boys in loose blue costumes followed him. They looked like teenagers. “Couldn’t afford a wig?” he laughed.