six - six

A/n

For those of you who don't know, I entered this story for the Open Novella Contest, where we are challenged to write 20K words in three months, and they had given us prompts.

So anyway, BIG NEWS - Love-Love got through the second round; thus qualifying for the third and final round of the Contest and I'm flipping excited!!!

Thank you so much for reading this book. It means so much to me I cannot express it enough in words. For real!! ❤️❤️

*virtual cookies for everyone*

...

I don't dream too often - probably for a good reason, because in my dreams I see weird things like Super Storm in pajamas, with a cup of tea in hand. I was lying on a bed, watching him walk up to me and the only thing that was missing was his sexy bed hair... or sex hair!

"You're awake," he said to me. "High time."

News flash - turned out I wasn't dreaming.

I tried to jump and sit up on the bed but a searing pain shooting through my body stopped me, and I lied back down.

Super Storm chuckled. "Calm down, cowboy."

I cringed internally. Who talked like that? I raised my hand to feel my bare (umm...) chest, only to find it wrapped in bandages; and the pain was coming from my ribs.

My first fear was that the bullet had hit my lung, and the second and more daunting fear was -

I sighed in relief when I realised I still had the mask over my face. To my surprise, however, there was a straight cut through the fabric, over my mouth and nose. It wasn't revealing my face, but the mask hung loosely to enable me to breathe easier.

"You're welcome," my archenemy said.

I gaped at him.

"Why?" I exhaled. "Why didn't you - why are you -" To say I was baffled would be the understatement of the century. I was lying on a comfortable bed in what looked like Storm's house, all patched up and my mask still on. Was he crazy? "- what're you doing?"

Super Storm dragged a chair next to the bed and sat down. "What were you trying to do, Gravel? When you decided to take a bullet for me?"

I let out a laugh and stared up at the ceiling. So that was what it was all about. He felt indebted to me. "Don't think too highly of yourself, Stormy. I did not decide to do anything for you. It was just reflex."

"Hmm," was all he said in return.

There was a minute of silence between us. Then he added, "What happened to Garnet?"

I took a deep breath and forced my mind not to wander. "She left," I muttered. "We had a fight."

"You had a fight?" he repeated my words. "You dragged me into Haynorr, wrecked the entire facility while making me your accomplice, and over fifty inmates and guards were brutally killed; all because you had a fight," Storm hissed and I didn't need to look at him to know he was pissed.