EXTRA : Family Dinner (Part 2)

A/n

(THIS IS PART 2, so like don't forget to read the previous chapter!)

This chapter's dedicated to mugdhax but idk how to do that dedication thing on the app :((

Anyway - THANK YOU FOR BEING MY WATTPAD BESTIE AND ALWAYS HYPING ME UP!!!

FACEPALM!!

On another note, this is the longest chapter yet of Love-Love and I loved writing every bit of it. Hope y'all enjoy it!!!

UNEDITED AF.

AGAIN : READ PART 1 FIRST!!

.

"What are your plans after graduation, Ridge?" Mrs. Reyns asked and I felt my soul leave my body.

Shit shit shit – this one seemed like an important question but I had no idea what to say. To be honest, I had zero idea what geology graduates did. "Uh, get a job, I think," I replied, very smartly.

From the corner of my eyes I saw Aspen bite his knuckles to suppress a laugh. Bitch!

"Earth sciences are in demand these days," Iris added, much to my relief. "Unlike Fine Arts," she shot Aspen a pointed look.

"Hey! I'm a superhero!" he cried.

"And how does that help you pay the bills?" his sister added.

"I – I have sponsors," Aspen said, utterly distraught.

"And I wonder where those sponsors will be when you break your leg, or your spine," Mrs. Reyns said, super casually as if she wasn't talking about her son getting injured for life. 

"Not you too!"

"I'm all in favour of you trying to do good, Aspen, but you have to keep a solid plan B in mind. Superhero retirement age is the lowest."

"I'm not gonna retire, I just debuted about..."

"Eight months," I prompted. 

"Eight months ago!"

"Right, eight months and you still haven't been able to neutralise Gravel," Iris said off-handedly.

I choked on the piece of meat I was chewing. 

"Hey, careful!" someone said.

I coughed and drank some water. "I'm fine," I croaked. It was only after the family made sure I was okay that they continued.

"At this point, I think it's just best if you stay away from Gravel," Mrs. Reyns said.

"How can I stay away when he's the one causing trouble first?" Aspen said, super casually as if the said person was not sitting beside him.

"You go too easy on him, that's my point," Iris said.

"He doesn't," I said, the same time as Aspen said, "I don't."

Iris ignored her brother and turned to me. "Yes, he does. I keep telling him, Gravel isn't like other criminals."

That perked my attention. "How so?"

"The guy lacks any legitimate motives. Like, he has no agenda, you know?"

I gaped at her. What?!

"He's just there to pester Super Storm," she continued. "In fact, unpopular opinion, but I think he has a crush on Super Storm."

"That is not true!" I cried before I could stop myself, then realised I was no position to make that statement anymore.