thirteen - thirteen

A/n

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH y'all!!!

....

Linden was getting worse and I had no idea where Aspen was.

"Those idiots launched a bomb at the city," Linden said from where he lied on the couch. "Your boyfriend went to stop the missile midair."

"Satan!" That was such a Super Storm thing to do I wasn't sure if I wanted to kill him or kiss him. The TV was on, silently flashing scenes of destruction from the day's events. There was no news of any missile or Storm's current whereabouts.

"Stop standing there and come help me," Roux said. She was kneeling by the couch, operating on Lin's bullet wound.

I was beside her in a jiffy. "I thought you removed the bullet," I said, seeing how the wound was still bleeding.

"I - I did. I can't stitch it up till -"

My phone rang and I nearly fell headfirst onto the floor as I scrambled to get it.

"Satan! Can he be any more obvious," I heard Lin mutter in the background. I ignored him.

"Where are you?" Aspen and I said at the same time.

Aspen chuckled. "Are you safe?"

"Yes, you?"

"Yeah. Where are you?"

"Hideout -" I hesitated for a second, looking around at our base from where we had planned all our heists, most of which were against Super Storm. I gave him the address.

"Garnet and Wurzel are with you?" he asked.

"Yes."

"You're not going to ambush me, are you?"

I narrowed my eyes at the wall in front of me. "If you still don't trust me, don't come."

Aspen let out a laugh. "Will be there in ten."

Super Storm arrived in less than ten minutes, looking like he had stopped a missile. His costume was blackened, his hair was in a mess and he was slightly bleeding from his palms.

"It's just a few scratches," he explained when I demanded to take a look. "That on the other hand looks more serious than a scratch," he added, eyeing Linden who had fallen unconscious on the couch.

"I - I don't know what's wrong," Roux admitted miserably. "I've done everything right but -" She broke off when Aspen approached Linden's side, peering down at the table where Roux had kept the medical supplies.

He picked up the forceps, the remains of the bullet trapped in its jaws. He studied it for a while, then looked up to meet my gaze.

"No," I muttered, stumbling back against the wall. "No!"

"What?" Roux cried, looking between the two of us.

Aspen turned to her. "It's not an ordinary bullet," he said. "It's the Zotak."

She mirrored my actions. "No," she gasped. "You're lying!"