Bonus Chapter II : I surrender! Take everything I have!

HAPPY 100K Reads!!!! Thank you, and enjoy this chapter of Hunter's POV :)

The last time I cried was two years ago, before I went to Washington DC.

It was my last day at school and I dropped by Skylar's classroom to see her and finally say sorry. She immediately blanched when she saw me, almost as if she saw death staring at her, and left the room without a word.

Man, that hurts worse than a kick in the crotch.

I cried on the school rooftop with my buddies the entire day.

I bet she didn't even remember all the unintentional heartaches she caused my young and innocent heart.

Now I was crying again. Not the type of crying that looked cute, either. It was the type of crying that could land me in a mental institution should there be a psychiatrist here.

I felt so miserable, I couldn't even eat anything. All of my friends were alarmed as I'd never lost an appetite before.

"I'm so stupid." I bawled while hugging a very annoyed Cal.

Parker also looked teary-eyed beside me as he watched me wallow in my self-inflicted misery.

"I don't want to sound insensitive and all, but honestly, you just found out about that now?" Rush asked, sounding so very insensitive.

Both Parker and I shot him a furious look.

"Why are you being so mean to him, St. Clair? You're so heartless, we so hate you right now!" Parker exclaimed, while I just nodded my head vigorously.

Rush really needed to work on his empathy skills. He should be crying along with me, not saying things that absolutely made sense.

"Shut up, you three! What are you even doing here in my house? Go be annoying somewhere else!" Cal shouted at the three of us. He was trying his hardest to get away from me, but of course I didn't loosen my grip on him.

I knew he was just acting all cool but he cared deep inside. Cal was the ultimate tsundere and I was perfectly aware of that.

"Why did you even lie in the first place?" Rush asked as he took a swig from his bottle of beer. He looked pissed. Really pissed.

We were all slumped on the floor of Cal's condo unit. He took his lonely boy image too seriously so he lived here alone.

"I just don't want her to be caught in the middle of my feud with Cain. You know how much she values her peaceful life."

I winced when I remembered what happened. How could I do that to my sweetypie, honeybunch, apple of my eye? I was such an asshole. I deserved to be locked up in Azkaban forever.

I knew I would fuck up one day. I didn't expect it would happen this soon.

"There are a lot of ways to do that other than humiliate her in front of the whole school, asshole!" Rush said through gritted teeth.

"What's with you, Rush? We already know Hunter is a hopeless idiot who can't do anything right. Do you really have to rub it in his face?" Parker said which made me feel a lot worse.