BONUS CHAPTER: Misaligned Universe and The Sea of Endless Stars

"And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now"

-Lego House, Ed Sheeran

***

To: Cole.Hunter@gmail.com

Fr: skylar-davies@yahoo.com

Hunter,

You will never hear these words.

You will never hear me say it out loud.

You will never know what happened before you wake up that night.

You will never discover how you changed my world even when you were sleeping tight.

I will never tell.

I will never tell you that when our lips touched, it felt like the walls I built for years and years crumbled into tiny pieces, that there was nothing I could think of other than the warmth and softness of your lips, and the way your steady breath fanned my overly-heated cheeks.

It wasn't even like the kind of kiss we always see in movies. It was neither wild nor passionate. It was just a featherlike touch, a simple meeting of flesh. But you always have a way of getting into me, in my nerves, under my skin, and in my heart...

And in reality, I knew nothing had really changed; the world kept on rotating around our only sun, time continued its rhythmic tick-tock, and life moved on to its endless cycle of life and death. But at that moment, in my very own fabric of space and time, it felt like the whole universe misaligned. Because, Hunter, during that ten second mistake of a kiss, everything felt so absolutely right, and through the sea of endless stars, you were the most blinding light.

Sky

Ctrl+A

Delete

***

I wrote this chapter to celebrate this book's 2K reads! It took me eight chapters to reach 1k reads but it only took 2 chapters to reach 2k! I am so happy! I know some of the books here have gazillion reads already but it is still overwhelming to know that some people are actually reading this story. It really means a lot to me. So thank you!

Watch out for the next chapter.

Cheers!