Chapter Twenty: Kill Him

Pain was crushing every part of my body. Each limb felt an ache whenever I tried to move, and when I attempted to open my eyes, my head began to throb.

"It hurts, does it?" a cruel voice chuckled. No doubt Jonathan's.

I could feel him standing near to me, peering down as if I were some sort of experiment on a table. Then again, with him I probably was.

My thoughts crashed all into one as I tried my hardest to recall my last thoughts before blacking out, but the only thing I could remember was Caleb. He was here... and then he wasn't. And then Jonathan came... and then nothing.

I pushed my voice forward, as loud as I could without causing myself even more pain. "What... happ...ened?"

I could just imagine his smug smile.

"You and Caleb played a bit of tonsil tennis," Jonathan said darkly, causing an inevitable gasp to escape my lips. Yet the moment he said it, flashing images of Caleb against me, his mouth hungrily on mine and the sound of our moans entangling with one another hit me, and I knew he wasn't lying.

I'd really kissed Caleb.

"Doing just that got you in this state though, didn't it Angel," Jonathan said a few seconds later. His hand softly began to caress my hair, the way he'd always done when we were together, before all this happened. Whenever he touched me now, I just wanted to get as far away from him as possible. His finger brushed my cheek and I felt myself wanting to wretch.

"I came back to find my girl had been kissing someone else... how am I supposed to be held responsible for my actions," he said sighing, trailing his fingers down my jawline. I didn't dare move however, knowing what he was capable of. "You only have yourself to blame. You provoked me."

He'd pushed me out of that stupid salt circle.

The circle that was supposed to kill me if I went outside it.

My fist clenched, regardless of the pain.

"As you can see though pet, you're clearly still alive which makes me wonder- how?" The atmosphere changed as Jonathan began to circle around me, taking large hesitant steps beside me. Then I felt another presence enter the room.

"Johnny baby, I can't find them," an unfamiliar voice chirped, followed by steps that bounded towards me quickly, and from the distance it took I could tell we had moved again. I'd always been pretty good and getting to know my surroundings without having to see them. Ever since I was a kid and I'd hear Mom stumble in drunk again, I'd have to find my way in the dark to help her to her room because the electric usually wasn't paid yet. Basically, I was good at seeing in the dark, and it wasn't thanks to eating carrots.
However carrots was probably a much more safer and less chaotic way to improve sight.

As their voices bounded off of the walls with an echo, I could tell right now that the room we were in was spacious. That, or there was minimal furniture around, bar the table I was strapped to.

I could also tell that the new voice had entered from my left, which meant the door was there too.

"So you have no idea where Caleb is hiding, Azera?" Jonathan hissed, pacing. Azera whimpered and then mumbled a small no, but I could tell she wasn't being harmed when I felt her press against the table I was on. She was just seeking sympathy from him.

"I've got my coven on it though, we'll find them before tonight and-"

Azera was soon cut off by what must have been Jonathan gripping her throat. I felt her weight lift off from the table.