31.0

Harry asked Louis again, but Louis didn't respond.

Instead, he grabbed his jacket and ran out of the apartment before Harry could even get his shoes on. He ran three blocks before he realize he didn't know how to get home and was probably heading in the wrong direction. He caught his breath as he leaned up against a brick wall and pressed ignore when he looked down at his vibrating phone.

What was he doing?

Why did he keep running away from his problems?

This had to stop. He had to stop running. He had to stop being the coward he was and start changing.

He didn't even know why he was running away from Harry. He knows that Harry would never hurt him. Harry isn't Zayn. Harry wouldn't lie. Harry wasn't a cheater. Harry wasn't the same person as Zayn.

"Louis, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything. Please come back. It's cold out there and I'm worried about you. Please come back to me, please."

Louis listened to each of Harry's voicemails and he couldn't prevent the tears from racing down his cheeks.

The words and phrases his father had said in the past always seemed to haunt his present. He could never go a day without hearing his father's voice correcting him or telling him that he is worthless.

"You're such a cry baby."

"Get over yourself!"

"The world doesn't revolve around you!"

"Be a better son. Be a better player. Be a better student."

Nothing was good enough.

"Shit," Louis mumbled to himself. He ran his fingers through his hair and wiped at his damp cheeks, "Can't you just do things right?"

His phone vibrated for the sixteenth time and he picked up without looking at the caller-id, "What do you want Harry?"

"Oh, so that's his name?" Zayn questioned.

Louis went pale, taking a look around, "Why the hell do you still have my number?"

"I just kept it for whenever you decided to get back together or just fuck one night."

"Well, don't you have high hopes."

"High hopes, please," Zayn said, "it's fact."

Louis rolled his eyes, "Good luck with that, considering I will never sleep with you ever again. Didn't our talk the other day make that clear?"

"Actually, no. I still want in your pants and I know that you want to be in mine."

Louis gagged, "You're disgusting."

"You know it's true. I remember how much you loved me fucking you. Do you remember that? You couldn't stop begging for more."

Louis remembered. He remembered everything about that relationship from the late night talks to the early morning sex. He remembered how many times Zayn stood him up and how many nights he slept alone. He remembers how easy it was to forgive Zayn for any mistake he had made and how close he was to calling Zayn up a week after they called it off.

The only reason he didn't was because he knew that there was someone better for him. Someone who would try his tears and put a smile on his face. Someone who would make him laugh and hold him close when he spent the night. Someone who loved him and wouldn't love anyone else.

"No. I don't remember," Louis lied, "the only thing I remember is the way you made me feel like the queen one second, but go ahead and sleep with someone the next. I don't remember the sex, but I'm sure you weren't that great."

That got Zayn to shut up for a second, but he came back firing shots, "How's your daddy, huh? Does he still call you mean names?"

"You fucking bastard."

"Oh, things aren't any better at home? How sad."

Louis swore that if Zayn was there he would have beaten the shit out of him. He would have left him on the ground in a bloody mess, never looking back.

"That was a low blow."

"You don't say? But how is that new boyfriend of yours? Tell me, is he older than you or younger? Do you call him daddy too? Does he make you feel special?"

"You're a douche-bag."

"Oh, honey, I'm a lot of things."

Louis bit his tongue trying really hard not to say something he would regret and he was thankful when he saw Harry walking down the street in his direction, "Great talk. How about we continue this never again?"

"Is your daddy calling you now?"

"Actually, we're playing hide-n-seek right now, because we're into that kinky shit. So if you could please talk to my secretary about rescheduling this talk, that would be great. Ta-ta!"

Louis hung up and ran to Harry, wrapping his arms around Harry's torso, "hey there, Lou. God, I was so worried about you. Don't ever scare me like that again," Harry said, bringing Louis closer to him, nuzzling his head in Louis' hair.

"I do."

"What?" Harry asked confused.

"I love you," Louis paused to look up at Harry, "I love you. And I don't know if you got it or not, but one day I left a paper on your desk saying that when I thought of the word love, I thought of you. And that day I was being silly and I didn't really mean it, I was using it to see if you had feelings for me. But now I mean it. I love you like I love Oreos and I love you like I love arguing with people. Hell, I even love you more than I love writing. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. And this whole thing is totally out of the blue and I don't think you were expecting me to express my feelings so quickly, even I wasn't, but I'm done with running away from things and holding back from saying the things I mean. I love you, Harry."

Harry's smile widened the longer Louis rambled and by the end, he was grinning from ear to ear, absolutely over the moon, "I love you too. I love you so, so much. Sometimes, when it's late at night and I'm on the couch and can't sleep, I think about how lucky I am to have you in my life. Just being around you brightens my day and kissing you should be considered an addiction," Harry chuckled, "I never thought that I could love someone like this, not in a million years. Yet here we are, in an alley, confessing our love when chances are there's a homeless guys sleeping back there listening to everything. I love you, Louis and I will love you even after the day you stop loving me."

"I'll never stop," and that was something Louis knew was certain.

---

A.N. Aww, aren't they just the cutest? But Zayn is such a poop-head. >:( I hope you all liked the chapter! :) TRCC is ranked #716 for Humor and I'm just in awe. Seriously, you guys are flipping amazing! Love you all <3 -M

(The song on the side is just so catchy and omg)

DEDICATED TO: SentientDreaming for being an amazing supporter. Check out some of their stories!!

PERSONAL-ISH QUESTION: Are you involved in any clubs or like student council?

STORY QUESTION: Do you think it was too soon for Louis to say 'I love you' considering everything that is going on in his life?