Cuddle Buddy- 2

January 21, 2019, Cebu:

"Ano na naman?!" She asks after answering the call on the first ring not even minding who it was. Some people have been bugging her the whole day and she's had enough of it.

"Sungit naman." The gentle baritone on the other end of the line answers. She instantly recognizes him and is immediately apologetic.

"RJ! Sorry ah. Nakakainis na kasi eh. Ang kukulit ng mga tao. Bakit ba kasi kailangang ipa-problema sa akin ang lahat?" She sighs.

"Want to talk about it?" He asks.

"Not really. Nakakapagod na eh." She sighs again.

"Okay. But you clearly need a friend. Sa lalim ng mga buntong hininga mo baka maubusan na ng oxygen ang buong Cebu." He chuckles. "I won't even bother you. I'm just going to sit sa kung saan mo sabihin and be completely quiet. I just want to make sure you're okay and know you're not alone. Okay ba yun?"

"I'd like that." She said. "But wait, di ba pabalik na kayo ng Manila ngayon? Nasa post na naman ni Kuya Sam eh."

"Well, round trip yung private plane na na-book ko for us so I thought... unless you want to fly back alone, pwede namang ibang eroplano ang sakyan ko, ikaw na lang dun."

"Ano ba? That's crazy. Halika na. At siyempre sabay na tayo."

"Good. Kasi andito na ako."

"Where?"

"Sa pinto mo." He chuckles.

She marches to her door and looks through the peephole. True enough, he is there with his luggage. She opens the door, still holding her phone to her ear. She stares at him for a while, the bright smile on his handsome face is so refreshing after a long and tiring day.

"Ganoon pa rin. Pareho pa rin. Ngiti pa rin niya ang nakakaalis ng pagod ko." She thinks to herself.

"Hi, Meng. Pwede mo nang ibaba yan." He grins and takes her phone. "Pwede na bang pumasok?"

She blushes and awkwardly laughs at herself, realizing how long she's been staring at him. "Oo naman. Feeling ko na-Sugod Bahay ako. May pasalubong ka ba?" She steps back to allow him to go inside her hotel room.

"Pwede ba namang wala?" He proudly shows her a paper bag full of Cebuano delicacies. "Okay na ba to?"

"Wow. Ang dami naman. Nakapag-shopping ka pa talaga ha? Minsan iniisip ko talaga kung anong super power mo para magawa lahat ng mga bagay- bagay sa araw-araw."

"Grabe naman." He laughs. "Wala akong super power, maparaan lang lalo na para sa mga bagay na gusto ko talaga." He tells her while looking into her eyes.

"Ah... Uhm... Okay." She blushes and looks away. "When did you buy these nga? Ang alam ko you have a full schedule today di ba? Store visits?"

"Oo. Alam ko din naman na sobrang busy ang schedule mo at wala kang time mamili at magpahinga kaya pinasama ko na sa listahan na binigay ko kay Mama Ten at Sam yang pasalubong mo." He says.

"Okay. Thank you, Mama Ten." She smirks.

"Uy! Ako din ah. Ako kaya nag-lista ng lahat ng paborito mo at nagpabili." He pouts and she laughs at how cute he is.

"Oo na. Thank you, RJ." She says sweetly.

His pout turns into a wide grin. "You're welcome. Always welcome." He steps closer towards the couch to sit down. He freezes halfway as Maine kisses his cheek.

He stands in shock and turns to see her smiling at him, just a few inches away. She's looking at him through her thick lashes with her hand on his arm. "Thank you. RJ." She whispers. "This means a lot."