56

🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵

I had so much fun writing the second half of this chapter, and I hope you guys enjoy it! 💅💕

——————————

⠀⠀Jungkook's words felt caged in, jailed by his throat. No matter how hard he tried to push out a word, it was all inaudible and incomprehensible. In front of him was Park Chanyeol – the man Jungkook had given himself to, only to be chewed up and spit out like cheap, short-lasting bubblegum.

⠀⠀The mere sight of him had Jungkook's insides jumping and his memory recalling the harsh words he once spewed—how Jungkook was a crazy faggot and simply a good fuck, nothing more than a drunken mistake.

⠀⠀Adam's apple bobbling as he gulped, Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck. It appeared that he was as nervous as Jungkook was. "Um-" Chanyeol began, "How- how are you?"

⠀⠀Jungkook's fingers fidgeted with the muffin in his hands as he looked around in hopes Taehyung was returning. "Fine," Jungkook muttered.

⠀⠀Chanyeol nodded. "Good..." Pausing to gather his thoughts, Chanyeol sighed and continued, "You probably hate me, huh?"

⠀⠀"Wouldn't say I'm your biggest fan," Jungkook said dryly. "It's not like we ended on good terms."

⠀⠀"About that... I- I wanted to apologize," Chanyeol spoke. "I was just scared, y'know? Scared what my friends and family would think- scared that I'd lose everyone and everything."

⠀⠀Jungkook looked at Chanyeol wearily, the latter crossing his legs as he stood up, hands in his hoodie pockets. "It's not an excuse, though. You were so sweet and I- I let my fear get in the way. I'm so sorry for everything I said to you that day, for treating you like shit and pushing you away. You didn't deserve any of that."

⠀⠀Jungkook sighed as he examined Chanyeol's body language to determine his sincerity. Something was different about him. Sure, high school was already half a year ago, but something about his appearance was off. He seemed more mature, and for a lack of a better word, unconfined. It was as if he was no longer hiding a part of himself.

⠀⠀"You really hurt me, Chanyeol," Jungkook piped up, finger twirling one of his hoodie strings. "But I'm not one to hold grudges, either. I accept your apology."

⠀⠀"R-Really?"

⠀⠀Jungkook nodded to which Chanyeol smiled. "Th-thank you—"

⠀⠀"Babe, what's taking you so long? I asked for a coffee, not everything on the menu~" whined a svelte boy as he walked into the café, interrupting Chanyeol in the process.

⠀⠀Jungkook's eyes widened as he saw the boy shuffle over, hook arms with Chanyeol, and quirk his eyebrows. "Who's this?" he asked.

⠀⠀"Oh- th-this is Jungkook. He went to my high school," Chanyeol answered, the boy then smiling at Jungkook. "Jungkook, this is my boyfriend, Baekhyun."