Chapter Four: Two Poems, One Kiss

I was sitting next to Loki's prison on my laptop as usual. Loki was laying on him back, thinking. I was bored and didn't think of anything else to do, so I started to write little poems. I'm not the best at poems, but it gave me something to do. I made sure Loki wasn't looking at my work. I always get embarrassed if people watch me while I work. I type away all my thoughts into short little poems.

Curiosity can be a wonderful state of mind,

But be careful, for it may make you blind.

Asking questions that make one mad,

To a person with problems you already had.

"Hey Loki?" I ask looking up from my laptop.

He grunts in reply.

"You and Thor don't seem to... See eye to eye. May I asked why that is?" I ask trying to be polite about it.

Loki sits up and glares at me. " And why should I tell you?"

I think and then say, "Well, I am a coworker of Thor, and I was hired to guard you. I can tell there's some issues between the two of you and it might make our jobs a little easier if we resolved your issues. Plus I don't like to see siblings fight."

Loki makes a face of both annoyance and hatred. "And I'm sure you could solve our issues even though you're just a silly little mortal." He says dripping with sarcasm.

"I'm sorry. I just want to help you two." I say and look down.

Loki turns away and ignores me. He is definitely upset. I guess I should've just shut up.

I sigh and start to work on my laptop again.

When duty calls, you drop everything and leave.

A good fighter he was, the man named Steve.

We fought them all and won the battle,

Back safe, yet yelling made the walls rattle.

I kept my mouth shut for a while. Loki and I quietly sat awkwardly. It was getting very uncomfortable for me. I was about to open my mouth to say something like I'm sorry, but Steve opens the door suddenly.

"(Y/n) we need to go." He says quickly.

I ask why and he replies by telling me there's a mission we need to go on. Apparently a very small terrorist group had taken a few hostages and is demanding money or else they'll shoot them.

I prepare myself for the mission and Thor comes in to take my place as guard.

Steve and I hurry down the halls. I have to run to keep up with him. I'm much shorter than Steve and the others. We go outside and Steve leads me to one of the airplanes. We board the plane and Steve talks to one of the special S.H.I.E.L.D. agents aboard. I stand behind Steve not knowing what to do. He nods to the agent and turns around.