Chapter Nine: Dancing Queen

A few days had past since the late night scare Loki had given me. I've had the job as Loki's guard for about 6 months now, and I have learned a few things about Loki. First off, he is very stubborn and likes to be in control. Now, I just let him think he's in control when really he's too blinded by his greatness to see I'm the one that's pushing him around. Second off, he's strong. And when I say strong, he's REALLY strong. He's obviously much larger than I am so when he would try to escape, my best bet is to trap him, not confront him directly. I've tried that before and that ended in me getting a black eye and a scar on my belly. I know I should just drop it, but I keep trying to connect with him. I'm lonely in that cold room without anyone but Loki, and he's probably lonely too. I need something that we can both do to connect and loosen up around each other.

Its my day off tomorrow and I've come up with the perfect thing to break the ice that's been building for 6 months now... I have a ton of money saved up from random 'jobs' I used to take for food money. Now that I have this job, they provide me with food and shelter so there's no need for the extra money to go towards food or rent. When I go out on my day off, I'll go to the electronics store and buy a Wii and the game Just Dance. I heard it was a fun game to play with friends, so I thought I'd like to at least try it with Loki.

I go through the rows and rows of different electronics and games that aren't familiar. It takes me a while to find what I'm looking for because I got too nervous to talk to an employee. My people skills are kinda rusty...

I finally find what I'm looking for when I realize I also need a T.V. to use what I'm about to buy.

"Dangit..." I mumble to myself as I look through my wallet.

I only have enough for the Wii and the game. I can't buy them then...

"Well what a waste of my only day off I've had in 6 months..." I grumble as I walk back to the games section to put the items back. I bump into someone while turning a corner. I try to apologize, but before I can I'm picked up off my feet in a strong embrace.

"Heeey! Its (y/n)! Good to see ya rookie!" The stranger says before I can actually see who's speaking to me. I recognize the voice, however, and realize who it was.

"M-mr. Stark. Its good to see you... I suppose..." I mumble the last part to myself.

He chuckles and messes up my hair with his hand.

"So what was the rookie saying? 'What a waste of my only day off I'm 6 months'? Why's that?" He asks obviously amused.

"Ah, no reason. Just goofed up is all... I guess..." Again I mumble the last part to myself.

Mr. Stark takes notice of the items in my hand.

"What're you gonna do with this?" He asks grabbing the Wii from me and examining it.

"I- I was- well you see..." I try to come up with a good excuse for an Avenger buying a Wii.

"You realize you need a T.V. to play this, right?" He questions me dubiously.

He give him a face and he starts to laugh.

"Alright! Alright! I guess I gotta stop treating you like you're clueless eventually. So are you really gonna buy this stuff? What for? Its not like you can play this at work..." He chuckles before realizing that's exactly what I was planning on doing.

I slowly grab the Wii back from him and say, "Yeah, well I can't even afford everything I need so I'll just put this back and let's forget this whole day never happened, okay? Okay."

I then attempt to run away as fast as I can, but Mr. Stark catches up to me breezily.

"So how much do you need?" He says taking out his wallet.