Chapter Eight: Late Night Scare

After the little 'experiment' I conducted with Loki, it got pretty late. I closed my laptop and put away my valuable snacks. I walk over to Loki's cage and check the security system to make sure everything is running correctly. I was almost finished when I noticed Loki was staring at me. It made me feel uneasy seeing the freekishly perfect smile. I lose my focus and just go back to my little area.

"Well, goodnight Loki..." I say laying down and pulling my covers over my shoulders.

"Goodnight... (Y/n)..." He says bluntly.

I can feel the sharp green eyes staring at me. For a while, they keep me up. Eventually, I do fall asleep, thankfully. The night seemed to be quite peaceful. There wasn't any disturbances which was nice, but that made me a little suspicious. I was about to wake myself up, but before I could, something else had.

I snap my eyes open to a low rustling sound. I slowly raise myself up from the floor to a sitting position. I squint and look around the room for the source of the noise. It seems normal until I see a tiny flash of light from something's eyes.

My eyes widen in fear when I remember not fully checking the security system before going to bed. I slowly grab my flashlight next to my pillow and stealthily get up. I use my ninja like techniques to sneak up behind him without him noticing. I raise my flashlight and hit him on the back of his head. He yelps a little and turns around. I flash the light in his eyes, blinding him for a few seconds. I kick him where the sun doesn't shine, bringing him to his knees.

I aim the flashlight at his face again and notice he has a Cheeto in his mouth.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I ask shocked and confused.

He eats the Cheeto and gets up, once again towering over me.

"I was curious... About these little orange things you keep eating. I really don't see what the big fuss is about." He says popping another one in his mouth.

I click the flashlight off and slowly back up before his night vision returns. I quickly grab the emergency taser  on the wall and aim it at Loki. When he chuckles and says,

"It's okay. I just wanted to try one. I'll go back into my little prison."

He does as he promises, and this time I double check the security system to make sure no more late night scares happen again.