Wattpad Writing Stars

Wattpad Writing Stars (APOGEE edition)

Agenda: Search for India's MOST PROMISING YOUNG WRITERS!

"Wattpad Writing Stars" is an initiative aimed at discovering and mentoring upcoming young writers from India as well as nurture a community of writers at large. Besides, it's also a platform for your club/college to get noticed on an national and international level.

Writing Prompt:

Write a concise story or poetry about your 'What If?' in this themed writing talent hunt.

Example - What if the light-bulb had not been invented? What if aliens visited Earth? What if Britain had lost the Carnatic Wars?

Rules:

A. The Contest is open to everyone. There is NO word limit. Feel free to write a story or Poetry.

B. You can submit multiple entries. Each entry will be a separate Book on Wattpad (Example: https://www.wattpad.com/story/179344165-what-if-the-stars-were-purple-poem

How to publish your story on wattpad?

https://support.wattpad.com/hc/en-us/articles/201375974-Publish-a-Story-Part

How to create your account on wattpad?

C. All Entries MUST be tagged #WattpadWritingStarsApogee on Wattpad. You can also use the hashtag of your own college as well. For example - #SRCC, etc.

D. Share the link to your submission on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with #WattpadWritingStarsApogee. This is ONLY required if you want to participate in the "Most Shared" prize.

EXAMPLE:

On Facebook:

On Twitter:

On Twitter:

On Instagram:

On Instagram:

You can also use the Hashtag of your own college as well

You can also use the Hashtag of your own college as well. For example - #HinduCollege, etc. (Make sure the post visibility is set to public so that we can track your post for the "Most Shared" prize)

E. Entries will be evaluated on the basis of Concept, Creativity and Language by the hosts. The decision of the judges will be final and binding.

F. The winning entries will also be featured on Wattpad India's reading list and social media handles, giving visibility to top writers on a global stage.

Prize:

Best Story: INR 5,000/- *

Best Poetry: INR 5000/-*

Top 3 Shared URL entries on Social media (Fb, Twitter, Insta): INR 1000/-*

Special Prizes: 

1)Top 50 entries can potentially be published as a book.

1) Top 25 writers can be interviewed and part of a press release 

T&C:

*All the mentioned prizes are valid only if contests get minimum 100 original entries. For most shared prize, the post must be visible to us on social media and have at least 25 shares.

*Recipients of the prize money would be responsible for paying the taxes on it.

*Special prizes are contingent on the quality of the content. The decision for publishing will belong to the editorial team of the publisher.

*Wattpad holds the right to change the judging criteria and prize money at any time during the contest.

Timeline

Feb 24 2019: Begin accepting entries.

March 21 2019: Last date to submit entries.

March 28 2019: Results will be Announced

Judgement: Judging panel will be Wattpad ambassadors.

Languages supported: English, Hindi