8. Soothing

Not even a day later, we were forced to collect our belongings out of our hotel rooms after the boys thought it be hilarious to set theirs on fire

With them forced on the rode again, I used this valuable time to finish writing down something for Doc, while everyone was in their bunks sleeping. I never got much time to be alone and do work peacefully, so staying up late hours seemed to be the only options.

"Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world
she took the midnight train goin' anywhere...." I quietly sang to myself while I filled in the numbers on the chart. "just a city boy, born and raised in south Detroit, took the midnight train goin' anywhere..." I continued to sing to myself again.
"a singer in a smokey room, the smell of wine and cheap perfume for a smile they can share the night
it goes on and on and on and on..." I sang in a whisper while swaying my head a bit. While finishing the first page of the chart numbers, I mumbled the next few lyrics before hitting the last part with more volume to my voice. "don't stop believin' hold on to the feelin' streetlight people" I sing as I hit a high note in almost a whisper. I then began to hum quietly to the rest, which was stuck in my head.

"I didn't know you could sing." I heard a voice say startling me, making me curse loudly, and throw my pen on the floor accidentally. As I look up to see who it was, I immediately blush. Nikki slightly laughs at how embarrassed I was, while I pick up my pen again.

"I don't sing." I answer his question before getting back to my work.
"That's a lie, I just heard you Kayla." He laughs making me roll my eyes. "I'm a bad singer I know, so you can leave me alone now." I say smiling a bit, before looking up at him.
"You're actually not that bad." Nikki says before sitting down beside me, making me slightly tense up.
"Now, that's a lie." I say laughing shaking my head before finishing the rest of my work.

"I'm not!" He exclaims, causing me to cover his loud mouth. "Don't wake up the beasts, please." I beg before slowly removing my hand from his mouth.
"Sorry." He whispers making me smile.

"So what are you doing up anyway this late?" I ask curiously making him shrug his shoulders. "I was having a hard time falling asleep." He says as I write the last column on the sheet. "Well talking to me isn't going to help." I joke as I put down my pen after finishing my work, and smiling sweetly over to the man. "Your voice is like angles, so that will soothe me to sleep, Kayla." He jokes making me playfully shove the man's shoulder and roll my eyes playfully at him.

"Shut up." I say laughing slightly along with Nikki.
A long pause lured over us, although it was a comfortable silence, not an awkward one. Nikki's head instantly fell on my shoulder, making me instantly allow my head to slowly fall on top of his comfortably, before my tired eyes finally took over me.

"Ah won't you look at that, young love!" I heard Ozzie's familiar voice say causing me to slowly bar my eyes open. "Oz, you woke them up." Doc says trying to hide the fact he was annoyed already this early. I lift my head up from Nikki's, who's head also lifts up from my shoulder. "Morning sleeping beauty." Vince says before handing me a cup of orange juice, making me smile. "Morning, Blondie." I say in my tired voice, as I drink down the beverage quickly. "I finished everything last night, Doc." I say before shoving the papers that were laid on the table towards him. "Oh wow, thanks Kayla." Doc says rather surprised, as I watched my Uncle sit down beside me. I then felt my head fall onto Mick shoulder making him groan, causing me to roll my eyes and hit the man playfully. "Hey, watch it old man." I say looking up at him, which caused him to smile. "Don't deny family love Mick, you'll regret it." Ozzie says before grabbing a beer and scratching his butt before disappearing into the bus.

"Morning Tommy." I say as he walks out of his bunk finally, and enters the main area with everyone else.
"Morning." He yawns out loudly before sitting into one of the chairs, and smiling towards me, who was still taking up my Uncles personal space.

As we enter the hotel, a day before their next show, the boys had sniffed so much coke, that I didn't know how they were still walking. While Doc and my uncle were talking with the receptionist, I was trying to make the three idiots behave. "Let's not get kicked out before we get to even stay here." I tell the boys as I sit in between them, and wait for the other mature adults to help me assist the boys into their rooms. As we entered the elevator that was completely clear and had windows, they thought it'd be funny to moon everyone while the elevator brought us up.
"You guys are literally children." I say smiling at the three, while the people below stared in fear at what they were going to be staying with. 

Once everyone was stationed in their rooms, I entered mine and took a warm bath before doing some more work. As I walk in my towel around my room, I hear loud laughing from outside making me groan. I quickly slip on a oversized Motley Crue tour band shirt, and some short black shorts before walking out of my room. As I look both ways down the hallway and hear nothing, I decide walking back towards my bed.

"Okay, lets get this done." I say as I begin to re-read everything in papers to make sure nothing was messed up. As I heard laughing, I look up and watch the three boys run into my room crazy-like.
Before I could prepare to do anything Nikki grabs me from the bed and puts me over his shoulder, and runs off with Vince and I.

I continued to yell at the two, and look up noticing Tommy running away from the cops in his speedo behind the boys. "Holy shit." I say as we turn the corner and enter a room, which ended up to be Doc's. "What did you idiots do now?" Doc asks and stares at me who still was placed on Nikki's shoulder, and had wet hair dripping all over his carpet. But before I could talk to Doc about anything, I heard running from outside, which caused Doc make a run for it outside.

"Nikki put me down." I order as Vince takes out some white powder from the dresser, and makes a line for Nikki to sniff while holding onto me. "You've got to be kidding me." I say as he sniffs it up and carefully puts me down before hugging me tightly, while he was still laughing loudly with Vince.