18. Past

It was currently another morning after a crazy night, and I was completely exhausted

It was currently another morning after a crazy night, and I was completely exhausted. So exhausted that I almost didn't even realize my phone was ringing, and that Doc was calling me. Once answering, Doc had ordered me to head down to the Hotel lobby for a surprise. I truly didn't want to leave my bed, nor my quiet hotel room. This was the first time, that I was able to sleep peacefully throughout this whole trip. So obviously I had took longer than I usual to get ready, and headed towards the elevator.

Once the elevator dinged open, I walk out to see Doc standing beside Nikki. I couldn't help but notice that Nikki's body was unusually tense, which made me intrigued to immediately know why. As I walked beside Nikki, I notice him staring blankly at a smiling woman. "Merry Christmas, Frank." The woman says with open arms, and immediately pulling him for a hug. "That's not my name." He tells her, and suddenly it hit me.

"Kayla, this is Nikkis mother." Doc introduces making me turn to the man with a worried face.
"I know." I whisper to him, still shaken up from the sight myself. Whatever Doc was trying to do, it wasn't going to help Nikki, especially after this.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Doc asks clearly surprised that I wasn't happy about this Family reunion. I just couldn't stop staring at the woman, either. She had birthed the man that I loved, and I didn't know if I should thank or hate her for it. Nikki told me so much what that woman put him through, and I couldn't imagine what he was feeling at this moment.

"Because you just picked in a certain area of Nikki's past, that didn't need picking at." I tell the man while meeting eyes, and then suddenly froze in place.

PBefore any of us could interject or say anything more, Nikki has stepped fully away from his mother with pure shock. "Frankie?" She asks worriedly, only causing her to cut the wrong wire in Nikki's head.

"That's not my fucking name!" Nikki yells angrily before smashing the half filled whiskey bottle onto the floor, making glass fly everywhere. The sudden loud noise made Nikki's mother flinch in fright, while it caused the other people in the hotel to look around at the scene.

Nikki immediately stormed away from the woman, causing Doc & I to run after the man.
"Nikki! Nikki, wait up a minute, will you?" Doc says while running towards the man, and pulling him away from the hotel doors.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" Nikki spats angrily at the man now standing in front of him.
"I thought it would help." Doc states.
"I fucking trusted you—but your not my fucking father, and your not my fucking friend. You are just another leech with your hand in my pockets, who wouldn't be standing there now, unless you were getting something out of it. So just fuck off, Doc! You're fucking fired!" Nikki exclaims to the man with tears in his eyes, before storming towards the doors again.

"Nikki, Nikki, wait!" I shout while running after him. As soon as he exits from the hotel, I immediately grab his hand, in order to stop him from going anywhere with a bad mindset.
"Goddamn it! Leave me alone, Kay!" He shouts while turning to face me, causing me to be taken aback, but decided to push the angry thoughts away.

"You're not thinking straight, you need to calm down for a min-" I start to tell him, only to be soon rudely interrupted.

"You fucking want me to calm down after that!" He shouts, clearly not liking the idea of me telling him to remain calm.

"Nikki—" I begin to say, but I'm then interrupted again mid-sentence.
"Did you have something to with this?" He asks in a clear hurt with his tone of voice. I couldn't believe he thought I might be involved with this whole thing, and it of course pissed me off.

"What no, of course not!" I exclaim to my boyfriend.
"Don't you lie to me! Why did you come down from your room in the first place, huh?" He asks angrily, clearly not believing me one bit.

"Doc told me he had a surprise, I had no clue, okay?" I say while trying to stay calm, while reassuring him that I had no idea about the reunion. But judging by Nikki's expression, he didn't look as if he still did not believe me.

"Do you really think I'd do something like that?" I ask with clear hurt in my voice, only causing Nikki to tear away from my eyes.

"Just... leave me alone." Nikki says still with tears in his eyes, before storming off again. But instead of following him, I let him go, and watched him disappear into the city.

-

The whole rest of the day Nikki had disappeared, and it caused the boys to cancel the show for tonight. The guys were obviously upset, but decided it would be better that way. Tommy & Vince had decided to spend the whole day with me in Micks hotel room, just so they could cheer me up...

"I can't believe he think I'd do such a thing, especially since my mom was just like his." I say for the tenth time today, while staring up at the popcorn ceiling, clearly still devastated about the whole ordeal.

"I'm sure Nikki will come around to his senses, just relax kid." My uncle informs me from across the room, after chugging his beer down.
"How can you deal with this much hair?" Tommy suddenly asks while playing with my long hair, only making me smile at the question. "Don't know—I'm just used to it." I inform the man, before closing my eyes to enjoy Tommy's large hands in my hair. But before I could get too comfortable, we watch the door swing open, without a knock.

Immediately everyone turns to see Doc, who had a clear guilty expression on his face.
"Nikki is back, I just wanted to inform you all." Doc states causing me to look at the clock above the bed, which read twelve thirty.  "I bet he bought like—a bunch of hookers to sleep with." Vince states with slight amusement in his voice, causing me to slightly frown at the thought. I mean he probably was right, he was gone the whole day. 

"Maybe." I mumble to myself, while pulling the bed covers towards me, and turning on my side. As soon as my head turns on Tommy's lap, he immediately begins to gather all my hair in his hands before attempting to braid  it all together, while I drifted off to sleep.