four

Three days later

The family of five sat around the dinner table. They sat I silence as they ate jack was feeling shaky his hand was acually shaking kinda but nobody seemed to noticed jack was so tempted to grab the knife from the table and slice his wrists. Jack couldnt wait until it was bedtime so he could just curl up in a ball and forget all of his problems. Jacky sick? Daniel said from across the table making jacks head jerk up and the two fathers to look towards their children no Dani jack said back calmly jacky shake Jacky hurt himself again? Daniel asks sitting up on his knees daniel was a pretty smart 7 year old. Jack got out of his seat and went to his room quickly went to his room before any questions could be asked and he would be treated differently. Jack curled up in his bed and let the tears gently fall down his cheeks. Daniel what do you mean bud did Jacky hurt himself? Corbyn said bending down to the boys level daniel just nods he wasn't old enough to know what was going on he just knew that jack tried to hurt himself before. How? Jonah said in a rushed voice wanting to go talk to jack about 'all this. He cuts himself awfter he gwots sad Jonah and corbyn put cartoons on the tv for the younger boys and placed the tired zach in his playpen. They went to jacks room but Jonah didnt bother knocking and just walked right in. Jacks back was facing the men he sniffled and squeezed his eyes shut. Jonah went over and started to rub jacks back shh its alright he whispered pulling the crying boy to his chest corbyn sat on the bed aswell. I-im s-sorry jack chokes out his face in jonahs shoulder. What are you sorry about theres nothing to be sorry about its alright to cry Jonah said holding the boy close. I-im sss-sorry I-im a a waste o-of life jack says hugging Jonah for the first time. Jonah and corbyn look at each other You most certainly are not a waste of life! Corbyn says scooting closer to his husband and son. Dont say that sweetheart its not true and will never be true Jonah said whipping jacks tears away your so special Jonah said kissing jacks head. Don't be sad be happy please be happy for me corbyn said brushing some curls away from jacks face. After a few moments of silence and jack had finally calmed down corbyn asks if he ever hurt himself jack just nodded and curled into Jonah more afraid corbyn would be angry jonahs eyes grew when was the last time this happened? Corbyn asked before dinner... Jack said quietly what? Why didn't you tell us?!? Jonah says a little louder than before making jack whimper. Let me see corbyn said calming the boy and talking gently jack rolled his sleeves up carefully to reveal the multiple scratches and where he had sank his fingernails into his flesh and his least favorite part about himself where a scar was on his wrist from when he tried to kill himself about a year ago. That night Jonah slept in jacks room because he didnt want to wake him up after he had finally calmed down jack fell asleep in jonahs arms holding onto him tightly.