>>Ten<<

If "I love you" was a promise
Would you break it, if you're honest
Tell the mirror what you know she's heard before
I don't wanna be you anymore

~idontwannabeyouanymore- Billie Eilish

___________________________________________________

Wyatt's POV

Zara hasn't come down since she went to the library and it's almost midnight. What is she reading so long up there?

When I opened the door, there my angel is sleeping soundly with a book in her hand. I guess the last book she read was about the prophecies, myths and legends. At least now she knows how important she is. The problem is, who is the person with the silver heart. I carried her in my arms and laid her in my bed for the night. I know in the morning she'll be upset with me but it was worth it to have her by my side for one night.

"Sweet dreams, my love," I whispered after kissing her forehead.

. . . . . . . . . .

I woke early and just laid watching her sleep peacefully. It's creepy I know, so what? She's mine and she's beautiful. I still remember the day I saw her in the woods. The fire in her eyes trapped me. From that day in the forest I knew I would do everything she asked of me. She had me wrapped around her little finger and she has no idea. It may still hurt me that she hates me with every bone in her body but I'm willing to change that. To be gentle with her. Treat her like a queen because that's what she is. My queen.

Her eyes fluttered open and she lazily rubbed her eyes. Damn she was cute. She looked up at me with those small blue eyes and they widened in recognition. She sat up and looked around, then looked back at me.

"What am I doing in your room?" she asked and I heard the anger in her voice.

"You fell asleep in the library so I-" I tried explaining but she cut me off.

"You carried me to your room?! Why didn't you carry me to my room? You took advantage of me didn't you? No, my clothes are still on," she mumbled when she look at herself under the sheets. I suddenly got angry when I remembered what she said before.

"I carried you here because even though I knew you'd object I wanted you beside me for at least tonight. And why would you think I would take advantage of you? You're my mate, my everything. I care about you too much to hurt you. Hurting you would hurt me, so don't ever again think that I would hurt you in any way," he growled due to the rage she caused and stormed out leaving her there with her eyes wide and mouth left open.

"Did a hurricane pass through or something?" Remi asked while in the fridge.

"What happened brother? Did someone cross the border?" Miles asked sitting in the couch.

"Zara. She slept in the library so I took her to my room to sleep. Now she woke up and thought I raped her while she was sleeping," I told them breathing heavily.

"That's messed up," Remi said and I glared at him and he sat on the couch anyway.

"You gotta give her time brother. It'll take her a while before she starts trusting you, trusting any of us," he states and turned on the TV, leaving me to think.

"He's right. Damn this taste good. Let's watch White Chicks," Remi said.