>>Chapter thirty-one<<

"We are gathered here to witness Alpha Stone and his Gamma Remy fight to the death for the Alpha position," Dylan announced and I bit my lip nervously as I watched the two exchanging glares.

"So without further ado, let the fight commence!" and he left to stand at my side. "Try anything and everyone here dies."

My focus went back to Wyatt who was already looking at me. He nodded and I forced a smile.

Remy charged at him first and as he got close enough Wyatt punched him in the face. Remy recovered quickly and Wyatt started throwing punches at him while Remy dodged them but got a few hits. It continued like this for a what seemed like hours with each throwing and receiving punches.

At the last moment Remy had Wyatt pinned to the ground and I saw the quicker flicker of eye movement between him and someone in the crowd. I followed his eyes and searched for anyone suspicious until I saw a mid twenties lady with black hair wearing a wide smirk on her face. She started muttering words that appeared to be a spell. I heard a loud outburst coming from Wyatt and my heart beat quickened.

I silently began to mutter spells of my own to stop the witch and help Wyatt from whatever she was doing.

"Zástava srdca," I chanted over and over again until I saw her eyes widened, clutching her chest and falling to the ground while everyone around her started gasping.

This resulted in the fight to be halted. His eyes widened when he realized. what the commotion was all about. His eyes had a look of hurt as he looked at her and made a step forward.

"Do I take it you forfeit Remy? I mean love is much better than an Alpha title," he raised both his eyebrows and shrugged one shoulder.

"No, let's proceed," he replied.

"So you're just gonna let the love of your life die, just like that?" Wyatt taunted while I was literally holding the girl's life in my hands waiting for the call.

"She won't live long anyway," he stated yet sparing one last look before turning his back and the girl started to cry. Wyatt looked at me and winked. At that I let her die.

"What did you do?" Dylan hissed in my ear.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I shrugged innocently.

"You interfered," he stated I turned my head to glare at him.

"So did your witch,"

"So? You weren't to interfere, no matter what and your actions are going to affect the life of those around you. Let's start with Leilani, shall we?" he smirked.

I looked at Leilani on the other side with two witches at her side, one mumbling a spell. Lei's hand reached to her belly and she started screaming. I immediately started to cast a spell at both witches and put a protective shield from all witches on her and her baby.

"Yeah, I figured you'd something like that," he had a sinister smirk on his face.

One by one people started falling, and the challenge between Wyatt and Remy stopped on a whole as they concentrated on what was going on around them.

"Blame it on your beautiful mate, Alpha," he said loudly and laughed.

I felt like the world was falling apart and there was nothing I could do about it. If only I could turn back time and prevent it from happening but only the Moon Goddess could do that and I think even that is beyond her power.

I got angry as I felt hopeless and I felt myself floating in the air and a certain power around my body. I looked down at myself and my entire body was in flames whilst in the air in an air element force field, as well as floating in the air due to the lack of gravity my body must have rejected for the time being.