>>Twenty-four<<

Zara's POV

At the end of it all I cried in anger and sadness. Leilani is my big sister. Wyatt came by side and wiped the tears running down my cheeks.

"What happened? What did you see?" Leilani asked, looking at me in worry.

"You're my big sister," I informed her and a big smile appeared on her face.

"Really, that means we can be a family and I can take care of Stella," she said gleefully and I nodded.

"Lei, who is Dylan?" I asked and her smile fell, fear clear on her face.

"He is the leader of the dark witches," she briefly said and I could tell that was all she knew.

"Do you know what they're planning?" I tried.

"No. Whenever they discussed I was never around. He usually dismissed me. But I heard once when Dylan was conversing with someone I couldn't hear. They were giving information as if they were apart of this pack," she told us and I felt Wyatt tense beside me.

"There's a traitor in this pack?!" he raged.

"It seems and we need to find this person and quick for the sake of Zara, Stella and the world," she said and I became confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"She means that the dark witches want Stella because she has the silver heart which holds the key to immortality for all supernaturals," Remy interrupted.

"So what does this have to do with Zara?" Wyatt asked holding me possessively.

"My duty is to protect her. If she dies, I get weak and can't fulfill my purpose which is to protect the good and destroy the enemies," I said softly fiddling with my fingers while Wyatt rubbed circles on the small of my back.

Wyatt's POV

I could see the worry and fear in Zara's eyes. When it came to Stella's well being and safety I knew she would stop at nothing to ensure that no harm comes to her. What feared me is the extent at which she would go.

After the bomb was dropped on everyone she went back upstairs to watch over Stella.

"If there is a traitor in our midst we need to be careful," I said and they all nodded.

But I realized something. I haven't heard or seen from Miles.

"Leilani, where is Miles?" I asked since they were mates.

"I don't know. He rejected me and I accepted not that I'm happy but I did. Hence, I have no connection with him," she told us and I knew she was still in pain.

"Do you think-" Remy started to ask but the opening of the door cut him off, revealing Miles.

"Where've you been?" I asked hoping that my assumptions are wrong.

"In search of help to defend the dark witches," he said.

"So have you found any help?" Remy asked.

"Nope," he shook his head.

He's lying. I noticed that Miles has been missing for a while. The first meeting I had with him and Remy we weren't sure if they were dark witches but it was too obvious so we stuck with that hypothesis. After that, Miles was no where to be found. We assumed he was having some alone time with Leilani. But since he rejected her, that changes everything. The question is: What is his motive?

Zara's POV

This changes everything. All this time I thought they wanted me but it Stella from the beginning. And for what? Immortality? To drain her of her blood and pass around for everyone to get a drink. And when they're done with her what do they do with her? Whatever it is, doesn't matter because they're not getting her. Never.

I went to library for the spell book and the books I read about a prophecy when I first arrived here. I don't care how long it takes. I will master every spell in this book, even if I don't sleep because Stella is worth it all.

One thing I knew was that I couldn't do this alone. I needed as much help as I could get and as far as I knew Aunty May said the other witches at her coven could never be trusted. She along with her sister was dead, so there was only one way. It was a bad idea but the only way.