Chapter 5: Nineteen

❀Azalea❀

❀Azalea❀

I stumble up onto the sidewalk of town square. I'm back where I started; on my way to get my parents alcohol.

A twenty dollar bill rests firmly in my hand and I don't think I could give it away to the nice homeless man even if I wanted to. The threat my father sent me was enough to make me do anything.

I wish I would just kick him in his nuts.

They wouldn't even let me drive here. I had to walk a full thirty-five minutes from my house to town square.

After the crash, every ounce of activeness I had went out the window. Now, I can't even get out of bed without being out of breath.

After walking for what feels like another three years, I make it to the front of Danny/Donny's shop, whatever his name is. All the lights in the shop are off. Gathering my last little bit of hope, I take a closer look at the door.

Hours: Wed-Fri 12pm-10pm
Sat-Sun 2pm-10pm

I back away from the door and try not to lose my cool. I have been set up for failure. It's actually not like he knew the hours, he's too drunk to remember.

Tears of frustration build in my eyes but I don't let them fall. I take deep breaths and close my eyes envisioning a big red velvet cupcake.

I'm not fixing to go home without anything. Last time I did that, I could hardly move my back for a week.

I decide on Red Street. There are bars all over Red Street so unfortunately, that's my best bet.

I tug on the bottoms of my admittedly kinda short shorts and hug my torso. Clouds circle over my head and my mostly bare arms begin to get chilly. I should've worn a jacket over my t-shirt.

Why is it that none of these little trips ever work out?

The first bar I see, I decide it's good enough. That is until I open the door and see a couple of women on poles. I jump out that place so quick.

God forgive me of my sins.

This is going to be harder than I thought.

I walk a little further down the street and finally I come to a place that actually doesn't look bad. Or like there are strippers inside.

I open the door and faint music and loud talking reach my ears. There are a lot out on the floor with drinks in their hands and the rest are piled up around the actual drink bar, or whatever it's called.