Chapter 21: Sway

❀Azalea❀

❀Azalea❀

Sometimes I wonder why bad things happen to me. And why they happen quite frequently.

And why they have to be the worst things possible.

I'm hyperventilating. I'm panicking. Grey's trying not to judge but I feel like that's a very hard task.

I knew sometime this would backfire.

Oh God, please help me.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Grey, dad's here. He's downstairs," I stress. At least Grey parked across the street.

"I'll just leave," he mumbles like it's no big deal. And I can't even explain to him that it is a big deal.

"No! Unless you leave through the window," I wince.

"Like some fuckin' spider monkey? Who do you think I am?"

"He can't see you," I add and his jaw ticks.

"The fucking window? What are you so scared of?" his eyebrows furrow.

"What's the worst the guy's gonna do? Ground you? Come on, Azalea. We're together, is he ever gonna find out?"

My head hurts from my mind conflicting with itself. I don't know what to do, what to say, or anything.

"You're going to make me cry," I whisper and he sighs. He pulls me to him and he kisses the side of my head.

"I don't want to get in trouble. I don't like getting in trouble," I say metaphorically. I don't like getting welts on my back.

"Why don't I just stay here until he leaves again?" he tries.

"He won't leave until late tomorrow," I shake my head, "and you said you have to work in a little bit."

"You really want me to leave out the window?" he grumbles.

"I'm really, really sorry, and I know it's selfish for me to not want to get in trouble but I just-" he shuts me up with a kiss.

"It's not selfish. It's okay," he nods and I sigh. He licks his lips.

"Give me one more 'fore I go," he leans in, his eyes focused on my lips. I lean in the rest of the way.

I shoot away from him upon hearing my bedroom door being opened forcibly.

"I knew I heard someone else in here," dad's sober voice enters my room.

He's sober.

My heart falls. He glares at me evilly and I attempt to calm my breathing.

"I-I'm sorry," I whisper loudly enough for me to hear him.